Issue: nf modules not found in kernel?
(03-03-2021, 07:53 AM)Danct12 Wrote: You're right, this is not enabled in the kernel.

I'll enable this and push a new kernel release soon.

Thanks!

I started to look into how to add options to the kernel via the arch wiki as well, incase I find something else not enabled. Was going to take the stab at it myself but in the arch wiki method 2 using the kernel command line is referenced the most which I assume I need to get access to the bootloader in the pinephone (I don't think there is a method is there? I tried the volume up + power, didn't do anything). Anyways then I saw this method of modifying modprobe files instead

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ker...odprobe.d/

I was also trying to install apparmor + firejail integration. This time I got an error saying it needs a kernel compatibility patch 2.6 , odd. But googling around suggested that it was a masked error and it just needed another option in the kernel enabled for apparmor such as below:

Code:
apparmor=1 security=apparmor

Would I be on the right-ish track? Sorry for the beginner questions Smile.

EDIT: Having dug through the wiki and google, not sure now how to actually set the kernel parameters myself. As for option 2 the method of getting to a bootloader doesn't seem to exist for the phone, nor is "u-boot" part of the options they provide since this is unofficial arch anyways. And option 3 to use sysctl, listing the kernel parameters with sysctl -a, doesn't show any parameter relating to lsm or apparmor. Guess this may need to be pushed in another kernel release? Unless there is a way to get to the bootloader and use the kernel command line for the phone?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue: nf modules not found in kernel? - by theD0ctor - 03-03-2021, 11:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PPKB certain keys not working after kernel update ragreenburg 20 13,247 06-11-2023, 03:19 AM
Last Post: lectrode
  Cannot find nfs modules AndyM 1 1,775 08-22-2021, 01:41 AM
Last Post: AndyM
  "wifi adapter not found" in Settings after updating quantumphone 2 2,667 06-05-2021, 05:55 PM
Last Post: quantumphone