How do you get the SIM out easily?
(02-26-2021, 08:55 PM)lsitongia Wrote: I managed to solder the little contact back into place. I tried an old Tracfone microSIM and it was recognized. I put my Google Fi nanoSIM into a Tracfone adapter and that worked! A few minutes later, it stopped working. Will have to investigate. I'm new here, so I don't know when something is caused by hardware and when it is software. Of course, it is most likely that the contact broke again.

I never learned to solder, and so it seems like magic to be able to repair anything with the phone because everything’s just so minuscule.

My WAN connectivity failed today, and of course my first thought was that my SIM contacts failed. Switched between SIM cards, switched between eMMC and SD, toggled the hardware switches, took it apart and shined a flashlight in the SIM region and squinted at it and blew in there in case the scraped-off surface color from my SIM was causing a problem, upgraded modem firmware (which I _think_ successfully happened), and still no luck after each step. Pressed on the antenna contacts, seemed all right, didn’t help. Took the antenna wire off completely and put it back on, and it’s working again, at least for the moment.

Anyway, starting from "mmcli -m any", that showed the modem was there, and that gave a SIM value, which was 0 in my case, and "mmcli -i 0" showed a few values that looked real, but had shown nothing for the bearer ("mmcli -b [whatever]") and my signal quality was 0.
So probably for you "mmcli -m any" won’t show a valid SIM path, or it won’t have anything valid in "mmcli -i [whatever]".

(actually my very first thought was fully expecting to have been kicked off the AT&T network for not having a device on their tiny whitelist)

Messages In This Thread
How do you get the SIM out easily? - by desca - 02-25-2021, 11:38 AM
RE: How do you get the SIM out easily? - by desca - 02-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: How do you get the SIM out easily? - by desca - 02-26-2021, 09:47 PM