How do you get the SIM out easily?
(02-25-2021, 12:43 PM)zborgerd Wrote: I try to gently lift on the card while removing it. It keeps the pins from getting caught. Using force to remove the card could break the pins. This is not a PinePhone specific problem but seems to occur with many types of phones that use generic sim slots like this.

Ah. I was definitely not lifting on it, as it seemed hard to get my fingertip underneath.

(02-25-2021, 01:05 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote: Most phone manufacturers have standardized the Nano sim mostly to save space in the ever thinner phones packed with new features. I have no idea why Pinephone chose the Micro sim tray. They also chose the worse kind. (The slide in enclosed kind) That type of tray eats sim cards. Be aware you will have a very limited number of installations and removals before the sim contacts wear and your phone won't see it.

Wearing out: Oh. Bummer. I did not know that.

When people start talking about a PinePhone successor, I usually don’t pay much attention because they'll focus on more memory, more processor, higher resolution display, and just generally more. But it would be pretty interesting to put together all the issues where it could be made more reliable, less delicate to repair, less avid to eat up your SIM cards, etc.

Messages In This Thread
How do you get the SIM out easily? - by desca - 02-25-2021, 11:38 AM
RE: How do you get the SIM out easily? - by desca - 02-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: How do you get the SIM out easily? - by desca - 02-26-2021, 09:47 PM