Anbox on KDE Community Edition (Manjaro)
I do have some partial success to report.  Be wary of old guides regarding binder.  I ended up wasting a lot of time on them.  Binder and Ashmem are loaded directly into new kernels.  This is why Ashmem is true when you run 'anbox system-info'.  The reason why the Binder section reports false is because binder itself is in a different location (/dev/binderfs/binder) than the one Anbox is looking for (/dev/binder).  So I made a diff patch providing the necessary changes in Anbox to make binder true, which cleared the stack trace that otherwise occurs when you run 'anbox session-manager'.  (Also, I took the liberty of updating the Anbox version to the 01/06/2021 commit.)  Here are the PKGBUILD and required files to make the magic happen.

Here is how 'anbox system-info' looks now:

Code:
version: danctnix-0_git20210106-r1
cpu:
  arch: 
  brand:
  features:
  name: Manjaro-ARM
  version:
  snap-based: false
kernel:
  version: Linux version 5.11.0-0-MANJARO-ARM (builduser@odroid-n2plus-pm) (gcc (GCC) 10.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.35) #1 SMP Wed Feb 17 17:16:01 UTC 2021
  binder: true
  ashmem: true
graphics:
  egl:
    vendor: Mesa Project
    version: 1.4
    extensions:
      - EGL_ANDROID_blob_cache
      - EGL_ANDROID_native_fence_sync
      - EGL_EXT_buffer_age
      - EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import
      - EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import_modifiers
      - EGL_EXT_swap_buffers_with_damage
      - EGL_KHR_cl_event2
      - EGL_KHR_config_attribs
      - EGL_KHR_create_context
      - EGL_KHR_create_context_no_error
      - EGL_KHR_fence_sync
      - EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses
      - EGL_KHR_gl_colorspace
      - EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image
      - EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image
      - EGL_KHR_gl_texture_3D_image
      - EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image
      - EGL_KHR_image_base
      - EGL_KHR_no_config_context
      - EGL_KHR_partial_update
      - EGL_KHR_reusable_sync
      - EGL_KHR_surfaceless_context
      - EGL_KHR_swap_buffers_with_damage
      - EGL_EXT_pixel_format_float
      - EGL_KHR_wait_sync
      - EGL_MESA_configless_context
      - EGL_MESA_drm_image
      - EGL_MESA_image_dma_buf_export
      - EGL_MESA_query_driver
      - EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display
      - EGL_WL_create_wayland_buffer_from_image
  gles2:
    vendor: n/a
    vendor: n/a
    extensions: []

Now when I use the following command,

Code:
anbox launch --package=org.anbox.appmgr --component=org.anbox.appmgr.AppViewActivity

the app manager screen loads, does not crash, and no errors are to be found in the shell.  Of course it still does not do anything, but I will begin to address that later.

The same is true for

Code:
env DISPLAY=:1 anbox launch --package=org.anbox.appmgr --component=org.anbox.appmgr.AppViewActivity

just in case you were wondering.

This brings me to 'anbox session-manager' and where to go from here.  As stated above, my patch cleared the stack trace.  However, I still get one warning from the shell:

Code:
[ 2021-02-21 15:31:35] [Renderer.cpp:128@initialize] Failed to select EGL configuration

According to later posts on anbox's github issues section, it was recommended to

Code:
export EGL_PLATFORM=x11

in the shell.  I tried this and ran 'anbox session-manager' again.  This cleared the error.  However, despite having nothing in the shell upon execution, no window launched.  Instead 'anbox session-manager' continued to run while nothing else visually happened.  The anbox github issues page mentioned graphics drivers.  Notice how 'gles2' has nothing in it when 'anbox system-info' is run.  EGL and OpenGL ES 2.0 (gles2) are closely related.  Therefore, my next step will be to figure out how to get anbox to see gles2.

That is all for now.  If you have any knowledge to contribute, please do!  It is a big help.  Thanks also to those who have already lent a hand, (that means you, nas & paju1986).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anbox on KDE Community Edition (Manjaro) - by neil2ball - 02-21-2021, 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 600 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,525 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,608 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 816 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,814 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 1,038 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,927 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,590 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 1,080 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
Question Running AnBox on Manjaro ARM w/ Phosh? danimations 2 2,512 09-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nroth