Well Done
(11-10-2020, 08:02 AM)acid andy Wrote: Regarding my lock screen issue; it happened again so I paid more attention to the details. When it happens the keypad is definitely responding smoothly and normally. I can see the right number of hidden characters in the text box as I type the PIN. It definitely accepts the PIN as correct (because when I deliberately enter a wrong PIN it plays a sort of jiggly animation and immediately prompts to enter again).

The problem is that once it accepts the PIN, the PIN entry screen disappears but it's replaced by another lock screen. This lock screen is not completely frozen because the clock keeps counting and the battery icon shows if the phone is plugged in. However, at this point it won't respond to touch input so you can't slide up to unlock it.

Trying to remedy this by short-pressing the power button a couple of times goes back to another lock screen that does allow you to slide up and enter a PIN again, but again all that does is reveal the stuck lock screen another time.

This cycle just keeps repeating and only goes away if you reboot the phone. To take a guess, I wonder if it's allowing two instances of the lock screen program to run at the same time. Maybe one of them encounters a bug so it won't accept touch input or maybe just the fact there's two running at once stops one of them from working. It seemed to happen when the phone was slowing up a bit, and I think I tried to suspend it with the power button and maybe (if I remember correctly) it didn't suspend immediately so I maybe tried to press the power button a second time.

Maybe it's possible two presses of the power button, with a lagging suspend, could fire off two instances of the lock screen. I don't know if I'll find time to investigate this any further. Maybe the devs are already aware of it anyway.

I acknowledge this, happened to me for the second time about two hours ago.. This time I was unable to get around it, only by rebooting the device.

Messages In This Thread
Well Done - by acid andy - 11-09-2020, 03:25 PM
RE: Well Done - by pjsf - 11-09-2020, 03:37 PM
RE: Well Done - by acid andy - 11-09-2020, 04:18 PM
RE: Well Done - by kern707 - 11-10-2020, 02:14 AM
RE: Well Done - by acid andy - 11-10-2020, 08:02 AM
RE: Well Done - by kern707 - 11-10-2020, 08:57 AM