Please RESUME development...
I heard the term "Abandonware" used on here recently. Please say it isn't so! I really had high hopes for UT, it was by far the early pack leader, and still has the most promise but now just about every other distro has surpassed it since it seems development stopped here months ago. Now UT seems to be dust in the wind. Yes, there's daily OTAs, but it seems like each one is scheduled and just updates the "last updated" time/date on autopilot regardless of whether any dev work was actually done. I suspected early on UBports was slacking off because the financial incentive was dropped when Pine64 decided to release the subsequent batches dedicated to new dev teams, so maybe the only worked for the $10/phone for the UB ports CE phones? Some good work continued after but much slower. Yet here we are and nothing of value has been done for months (except helping Manjaro get Lomiri too perhaps).

The worst part is that their devs are never on here and never take feedback. Yes, i realize they have their own forum, but it's not intuitive or user friendly, and this is where the actual pinephone users are, so they should at least have a presence here.

I don't like being negative, but i'll light a spark if it gets something done. If anyone could kindle this flame under the logs over at UBports until they catch on... That'd be great! 

C'mon guys! I say this because i love you! Truly, UT is awesome, i really love your work. Please just get going and finish it!

If Luke or anyone else at Pine64 could pick up the phone and call the UBports team and give em a nudge, that would be Brilliant!

Messages In This Thread
Please RESUME development... - by Cree - 10-12-2020, 12:28 AM
RE: Please RESUME development... - by Nooblife - 10-13-2020, 03:22 AM
RE: Please RESUME development... - by LinAdmin2 - 10-13-2020, 05:28 AM
RE: Please RESUME development... - by plainenough - 10-14-2020, 10:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stagnant development? KNERD 0 1,263 04-20-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: KNERD
  Development build 805 is great mercrapper 3 2,984 01-17-2022, 03:32 PM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  How Do I Switch To Development Channel syrinx 0 1,988 07-31-2020, 12:52 PM