Interested in learning OS-level programming
Most of my knowledge is in web development, dev-ops, and a fair amount in Linux tooling. One thing I've always wanted to learn was working with OS-level programming, but I've never really had a good excuse to get into it until I got a Pinephone. I've taken a university course where I've written programs in C that do system-level calls, as well as creating some simple ARM assembly code, so I suppose I do have a little experience.

To start simple, if I want to for example create a CLI tool that toggles the flashlight on the Pinephone, what fundamentals should I learn first before going about that? I'd also like to try and make a CLI tool to interface with the modem on the Pinephone just for the learning experience.

The material for OS-level programming feels a bit impenetrable for a noob like me, so maybe you guys have some good suggestions?

Messages In This Thread
Interested in learning OS-level programming - by 8453sixtyfour - 08-12-2020, 11:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Wrong Battery Charge Level Displayed - How to Fix acid andy 7 5,365 06-12-2023, 01:04 PM
Last Post: jakfish