Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
We already know that powering the PineA64 board with the battery improves the GbE speeds significantly; probably do to the 5v rail not being 'clean' when powered via the wall wart. I experienced this in my tests even though my mains power are all well filtered. 

I will be testing my units again because I realized that the ubuntu board (PineB that does not appear to do GbE) is being powered by the Pine 2A wall wart.  I will substitute the 2.5A supply and retest today.

edit:  also, I have been studying my boards (I have three of them) and I am noticing several significant differences in the hardware near the RTL8211E (even though all three boards have the same chip!).  There are places on one board where components (either caps or resistors) have been omitted and the gap has been soldered across.  We probably need some micro-graphs of that area on the board so that we can cross that against the schematic that we have.  I am still hopeful that a tweak (hardware mod) may correct the boards that do not work correctly.  We know the chips support the GbE... so there has to be something on the board itself that is preventing the GbE from working.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-29-2016, 04:17 AM