Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(08-17-2016, 07:55 PM)pfeerick Wrote: I'd hope you really didn't think that's what they meant... that is a quick way for a business to put them selves out of business 'we are selling you this product, but we aren't saying its suitable for anything at all!'... 

Its a weird positive statement, but that is specifically and precisely what they mean, they (WHOMEVER) just hope that you believe the marketing (and assume what you will) because what they mean is precisely what the EULA says.  That's why we call it fine print... because we don't want to market the fine print, but if push comes to shove (in court) the fine print is ALL we meant to say; period.

If you're in law school you know this.

I do this with my software all the time.  I write it; and I hope that you use it, and even find it useful. But don't come back to me with any complaints, or law suits, or whining, nor anything else--- because my fine print in the header of all of my software says, this is not guaranteed to be useful for anything (the language is rich, and full and it takes three paragraphs to say it, but it all boils down to "use my stuff at YOUR OWN RISK ENTIRELY"

This is specifically and especially true of startups. Sure the Pine Inc wants people to invest;  but they (WHOMEVER) do not want to be liable. There is the balance.  The fine print is there to protect them from liability (for suitability and other stuff) in the event that someone construes their startup to be more that it ever was intended. 

If you read the back of the box very carefully you will note that it actually does in fact say what I'm telling you--- " ... does not warrant that the products are error free or will function without interruption".  That sentence right there says, (in so many words) "We do not warrant that GbE will work accurately (without error), nor that it work without interruption"

The EULA is very specific, and yes, it will fly in court... in the United States. (it is standard language and it flies all the time, in the United States).  And here's the deal... like it or not... you're supposed to read that agreement before you open the seal on the box.  The truth is that most people are so excited to open the box, they don't even know there is an agreement under there !   I've tested this many times now... I have not found even ONE person yet, that new the EULA was on the bottom of the box... true story.  If you knew, you are the exception.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-17-2016, 11:50 PM