Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
hi folks, I have been studying the data sheet for the RTL8211E(G) ;  thought it might be helpful to post it here.

Reviewing the schematic (out-of-date as it is) I find that there are five (5) count them, five different chips used at the time of printing:
RTL:
8211CN
8211D
8211E
8201FN
8201EN

The RTL8211E(G) is a 16x4 pin chip... the chip on my PineA64(3) is the RTL8211E a 12x4 pin chip.

The data sheet I posted is for the RTL8211E RTL8211E(G).

The schematic shows many mods capable by adding or removing resistors, depending which physical chip is installed on your board. In my view, its no wonder that many different boards are behaving differently with regard to GbE; who knows which chip they have, and who knows how they are modded !

It would be good if everyone contributing to this discussion were to be intimately familiar with their own boards;  which physical chip do you have?  Study the schematic we have and try to determine how your board was modded.   The print is tiny and hard to read, even with a scope (the angle of the light source helps).  I used a hand scope to read mine.

We should start a database of boards that work, vs boards that don't work... by serial number, PHY, mods... let's see if there is a pattern.

It is looking like the boards that ARE working are running into an 'unmanaged' router; ie TEG S82G, and others similar.

Edit:  also, it would also be nice to know if the chip is a 'GREEN' chip   Gxxxx

for instance:  the chip in my PineA64(1) is an RTL8211E
                                     G2k40P2
                                     GG10B      a 'GREEN' chip

-

Attached Files
.pdf   rtl8211e(g)-vb(vl)-cg_datasheet_1.6-0.pdf (Size: 1.86 MB / Downloads: 309)
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-17-2016, 12:34 PM