Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
hi pfeerick,  there is another way to look at this issue, as well. 

... and that is the legal way to look at it from the standpoint of the agreement on the back of every cardboard box that the PineA64 board is shipped in. 

Most of the comments made in this thread so far about the obligation of Pine, with respect to performance or suitability for a particular purpose, are mute-- legally. Every single PineA64 board was shipped in a cardboard box that served not only as its mail wrapper, but also as its EULA. Opening that box obligated the user (the customer) to certain agreements which are detailed in some very intense fine print. 

I quote in part, "... the products are provided on an 'as is' basis. The entire risk as to quality, and performance of the products is with customer, and customer assumes the cost of any servicing, repair, or replacement of the products. Whether implied, express, or statutory, including the implied warranties or conditions of mechantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and noninfringment or third party rights. Pine64 Inc. does not warrant that the products are error free, or will function without interruption."

The very specific and intense EULA fills the entire back panel of the shipping box of every PineA64.

The claims being made by most of the participants of this thread demanding redress of grievances for non performance of GbE are outside the legal scope of liability of Pine Inc. --- which brings things full circle back to we the volunteers who are attempting to help fix this problem. We are going to get to the bottom of it -- but, in no way has the Pine Inc been culpable of malfeasance of any kind, and in no way are they culpable of breach of contract (whether tort or otherwise) and all such claims that Pine Inc failed to provide the product suitable for any particular purpose is void. Anyone who removed their PineA64 board from the packaging material and breaking the seal on the EULA should have been aware of that fact, or should have returned the product without breaking the seal.

---

Again, I am asking for everyone to engage in some common sense cooperation and collaboration.  It would be much better for us (mostly volunteers and users) to work together to solve this issue, than to beat-up Pine Inc, or engage in silly flame-war attacks on each other.  I'm not the enemy;  I'm trying to help.  Let's work together and lets get this figured out. But let's do it in a civil polite manner that is respectful and conducive to cooperation and effective collaboration; that's all I'm asking.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-17-2016, 03:01 AM