Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
hi folks, after discussing this at length with Waldo, and others, on the irc channel I realize that I need to make a clarification of my statement about 'newness' of GbE.

I did not mean in any way that the technology is NEW. ( I know full well that its been available for some years ).

I did mean that most people are not using it; and by most people I mean that most 'people with pine boards' are not using GbE, and that most 'common people' on the Internet are not connecting to the Internet with GbE either. GbE is not a common Internet standard used by most people. We have 38,000 of these Pine64 boards in the wild and very few are reporting the GbE problem. Almost all of my machines connect with wifi, and most people connecting on the Internet are connecting via wifi.

I hope this clarification helps, in some way. My primary focus, in terms of this project, is to help diagnose this problem (if possible) and help get people who need it running with GbE. Several of us are genuinely trying to help. My intent is not to minimalize the problem, just to put the problem in perspective so that everyone is focusing on a solution rather than focusing on an attack. Again, we are all either part of the solution, or we become part of the problem.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-16-2016, 12:08 PM