Irritating High frequency sound.
(09-01-2020, 12:29 AM)Cree Wrote: Ive noticed at least when running UB Touch on my pinephone it often, and randomly, starts emitting a very high pitch and annoying sound, probably around 18-22kHz since its barely audible, but loud (high dB) and very irritating nonetheless. Its the same sort of sound you get out of a bad electrolytic capacitor in a RLC circuit when the inductor is off phase or the electrolyte in the capacitor is boiling off.

It kicks in like a laptop fan, so im guessing its the effect of some program/s or subroutines either causing some oscillation in a component or random noise to the speakers or amp gain. Im hoping it is the speakers, so the hardware isnt under stress, but i still hate the sound. 

I know it's been reported by others, i was wondering if we knew the exact source, whether it could be addressed, and also whether it is OS specific.

=============
P.S. i know we're all used to electronic noise, idle speakers, old chargers especially. But for a phone you regularly hold close to your head or other body parts, we really should get it addressed and not just accept it.

I can only add a +1 on this one,  I received the Pinephone PostmarkedOS version, and it's the first thing that I experienced.

High pitch sound and some white noise sound coming out from the back of the phone.

I can reproduce when I go in settings / sound settings.

And that high pitch sound stay there a few seconds even after I close the settings software

Messages In This Thread
Irritating High frequency sound. - by Cree - 09-01-2020, 12:29 AM
RE: Irritating High frequency sound. - by nokernel - 09-01-2020, 08:08 PM
RE: Irritating High frequency sound. - by Word5 - 09-03-2020, 09:12 AM
RE: Irritating High frequency sound. - by Cree - 09-22-2020, 06:01 PM
RE: Irritating High frequency sound. - by hiimtye - 10-02-2020, 02:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bluetooth connection to car multimedia interface problems (no sound) zkajdan 0 1,079 10-29-2021, 01:34 AM
Last Post: zkajdan
  How to increase sound volume when headphone jack is in use? lacriz 1 1,888 10-16-2021, 02:38 AM
Last Post: lacriz
  Is there a sound card input on the Pinephone which can be used by Python software? Peter Gamma 5 7,083 06-24-2020, 06:08 AM
Last Post: wibble