Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(09-01-2016, 11:26 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Did I ever mention statistics.

Yes you did. You did interpret and analyse numbers. That is beside the point, and not even considering your base number would be wrong, because you based it on the number of backers, not on the number of boards that actually went out, which will be significantly higher (e.g. the backers who ordered 10). To analyse the poll, the number to analyse the poll against would be more the number of forum members, which is approximately 4800 (20 members per page on the forum listing, 240 pages).

Now, before this turns into yet another argument about who is right, and who is wrong. I have something to add with respect to another earlier statement on what the GbE on the pine can actually do, and have video evidence to prove, which I will be uploading later this evening. With a debian linux distro, from the pine64.pro site, with minor modifications not related to ethernet or performance tuning, the pine64 can only achieve read and write speeds of approximately 9MB/s (which when you multiply by 8 to change from MB to Mb) gets you to 72Mb/s... which is near enough to the theoretical 100Mb/s that I wouldn't complain... if this were at 100T, that is. But this was at 1000T (GbE). However, I didn't stop there. I then changed the network speed to 100T... and guess what... negligible difference... maybe a fraction slower in the download phase of data transfer. However, when I run longsleeps networking tuning script... I get a remarkably different result... an upload to the pine64 that was previously around 9MB/s was now approximately 29MB/s... that is one whopping big jump in performance! Now, it was about the same speed as before when it was downloading the file back... but the pine64 processor was pretty toasty by then... so with cooling, it *might* have performed better... I should have had the health monitor open also that time, and may also trying another run with some cooling on it to see what effect that has.

I'll also be trying the armbian distro out on this, from what tk was telling me before, none of this is necessary out of the box... Armbian is configured for performance by default.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by pfeerick - 09-02-2016, 12:24 AM