Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(09-01-2016, 05:36 PM)waldo Wrote: And then the killer answer you've somehow been begging for for weeks ... NFS ..... in fact NFS will give you blazing speeds over GbE on my odroid.
Its faster than eMMC/SD/USB storage, my NAS has an SSD especially for all my embedded devices and their NFS shares.
Most of them just get their entire root partition over NFS, so yes GbE is quite usefull (8-9 MBps vs +/- 100 MBps)
Hope that satisfies your question

I get what you've been saying all along, I just don't believe it... and empirically, I have not seen it either;  not on my Pine board !  ---on my T61 ThinkPad, yes;  but not on my Pine board.  It doesn't matter how blazing fast the port is... nor how fast NFS is,... ( and this isn't an Odroid ) the data still has to go through the Pine board, and it isn't fast enough for GbE; not in a practical sense.  Let me put this another way, the Pine board that I have that works at GbE speeds in terms of iperf and iperf3, does not work at GbE speeds when transferring data through the board... not so that it makes much difference one way or the other. And that is true whether I'm running it at 1000 /full,  or 100 /full.

And, I'm not at all arguing with you, nor am I even emotional about it... I was just wondering in the final analysis how really important is this actually ?  

But even if Pine Inc were to acknowledge the boards as hardware defective ( they barely acknowledge emails ) what makes you think they're going to replace all these non GbE working boards with working GbE tested boards... they barely got the shipment of the original boards out !  I'm just saying.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 09-01-2016, 05:52 PM