Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(08-30-2016, 01:30 PM)androsch Wrote: I agree at the moment, there only seems to be a good workaround by fixing the ethernet port to a 100mbs speed, but this should be done with the right tools and not by seducing hardware parts.

hi androsch, we now have two work-arounds: 1) software: requires intervention, 2) hardware: is automatic.

... everyone is free to decide which work-around works best in their environment. I choose to modify my ethernet cable so that negotiation automatically defaults to 100 mb/s (high-speed ethernet) by default with no intervention.

I have now made micro graphs of my three boards so that precise comparisons may be made of the precise components used, and how those components compare to the known schematic and mods data sheet. 

I am also going to risk re-flowing the solder connections to the ethernet port of the board that does not work properly; I have nothing to lose , and everything to gain.

In the mean time, my wired network including GbE switch is clicking along without a hitch.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-30-2016, 03:06 PM