Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(08-29-2016, 11:23 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Using my ubuntu image and the 'bad card' connection to the GbE switch is now working !  It went from not working at all on the GbE switch to running at 95mb/s !

( we're getting closer people,  we're getting closer ! )

You're not getting closer, you just forced Fast Ethernet which is something completely different as I already tried to explain to you yesterday (read through the 'zillions of words and this time try to understand). Add 'ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full' to /etc/rc.local prior to the 'exit 0' line and you get the same without fiddling around with your cable.

The real problem is still a negotiation problem in GbE mode (which is something completely different than Fast Ethernet and that's the reason I already warned exactly you yesterday to try to understand what's happening and not using iperf now and talk about performance numbers). You used a workaround that simply works since the real problem is not even touched.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by tkaiser - 08-30-2016, 12:10 AM