Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(08-17-2016, 07:55 PM)pfeerick Wrote: Have you worked out how to tell the difference between the RTL8211E-VB and VL variants? The datasheet doesn't seem to list the breakdown of the rest of the chip part numbering so you know which is which.

I'm still studying the data sheet more to find out what kinds of things might affect whether it would autoneg too much, or not autoneg, or ... basically, how does that particular chip work vs how might it work with one of the mods listed in the schematic. It is a complex schematic, and a very complex chip (inexpensive as it is... you can get the chip for $2.25).

Of course it does not help that we don't have an up-to-date schematic. I was hoping against hope that my Pine boards might have a one-off chip... but no... I still have to remove the board from my play box, but so far my boards are all 'Green' chips  RTL8211E
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-17-2016, 09:17 PM