updated view is smaller (tiny)
(08-17-2016, 01:43 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 01:22 PM)Punkyclown Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 12:39 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Its now taking advantage of the full resolution supported by your monitor (TV).  Have you tried adjusting your TV video settings?

... why should I have to goof around with my TV when the other displays
are correct?  I thought Android was supposed to be so flexible with icon size and all aspects of display?

Where did you get a thought like that?

... the Android operating system was designed for phones;  and tablets.  It was NEVER designed for hdmi TV. I am running my Android play desk to a Samsung LED desk monitor (it was never designed for that either) and its working... but I have to physically rotate my monitor on a special wooden display stand I made for it to run in portrait mode !!! something a monitor was not designed to do, and certainly not something the Android designers nor authors ever considered that I would do....   Smile
Android is designed to work on phones and tablets with varying display size and resolutions. 

I would argue that it is also designed to work on televisions too, because of the existence of many android sticks/ boxes. Android even runs standard on many new TVs. Also something like Google cast exists.

This gives me the impression that display settings in android should be configurable to match your display. However I was also unable to set bigger size fonts and icons in android on pine. If I increase font size in the settings Nothing appears to be happening.

Messages In This Thread
updated view is smaller (tiny) - by Punkyclown - 08-17-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: updated view is smaller (tiny) - by Boring - 08-17-2016, 02:53 PM