Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
(08-15-2016, 02:20 PM)amc2012 Wrote: Not sure what you mean by GbE being "too new." Having been around for the better part of two decades, and having been RAPIDLY deployed even when it first emerged, GbE is actually one of the more mature ethernet technologies out there. Check out the Ethernet Alliance Roadmap. I work in IT, and we've been relying on GbE for a long long time now. I think it's probably safe to say that the Cisco and Netgear routers I use at home have "figured it out."  I have *never* run into any kind of issue like this in my home or work environment. 

I have never run a GbE network at home;  most people have not.  My entire network is 10/100 as are most people's home networks; why--?  Because once a network is setup (mine years and years ago) why setup another one.  All of my devices are 100 now. None of my devices are GbE. 

it takes a full twenty-five years to fully adopt a new technology to the 'common place' status. GbE is not there yet. And, as you can see not only by the varying opinions on the subject but also by the varying status reports, GbE is not the standard some of you have been hoping it would be. 

This issue seems to be a 'tolerance' timing environment specific problem that can be resolved with the right hardware and configuration. There have been some recent developments in that direction.  I hope your situation may be corrected also. Obviously packets are going to be lost and through-put is going to be low if auto negotiation occurs every couple of seconds. 

Best of luck to you.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 08-15-2016, 03:35 PM