Confused and frustrated w/ images installs setup
The factory Manjaro OS image is very old. Yes, you have to do a lot of work to bring it up to date.

Here are my notes, but I gave up because an update broke the OS partway through. I switched to Mobian a few days ago (in which the apt command definitely works) and am liking it so far.

Note that the lock screen kicking in and showing nothing but a blank screen might be the same problem that I ran into with Mobian where it would not come out of suspend properly. I had to upgrade the Quectel modem's firmware to the latest stock firmware version to fix that issue on Mobian. It is possible that I would also be able to run Manjaro now that I have upgraded the modem firmware.

-----

Manjaro Update Notes

First, must remove some packages:

sudo -s
pacman -R kpeoplesink sink kdav2 kimap2

pacman -R ktrip
pacman -R kclock
pacman -R kirigami-addons

Then update the keyrings:

pacman -S archlinux-keyring
pacman -S archlinux-arm-keyring
pacman -S manjaro-keyring

pacman-key --populate manjaro

pacman -S manjaro-arm-keyring
pacman-key --populate manjaro-arm

pacman -Syu

during update, lock screen kicked in and then went blank
later, got an error saying I had to open a virtual terminal and run loginctl unlock-session c1

Rebooted but that got a blank but backlit screen.

Attached USB-to-serial-console cable and was able to log in, found that /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.3 was damaged and could not run pacman nor sudo. Copied that from the pacman package cache in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/openssl....

Could only partially run su command. Found that /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.1 was missing; copied that from factory image on microSD card.

Reinstalled openssl 3 package from cache as root:

pacman -S /var/cache/pacman/pkg/openssl....

Restarted entire OS update using local cache:

pacman -Su (no y because we didn't have internet)

Looked like it worked, but after reboot, the OS kept going into emergency mode. Seems unable to load some kernel modules.

Going to have to re-image the eMMC from microSD

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confused and frustrated w/ images installs setup - by dchang0 - 07-28-2024, 04:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show me your "portable" PinePhone Pro setup! Danct12 5 4,284 07-20-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Emeliaee3
  New PinePhone died after first WiFi setup phero 8 6,048 03-06-2022, 06:05 AM
Last Post: phero