Just purchased a PPP, how screwed am I?
(07-21-2023, 04:57 AM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: You have many options for carrier, the forum and wiki list many. My personal favorite is US Mobile

Plasma is pretty, but unstable. Phosh seems most stable on top of Postmarket, Mobian, or Arch.

SXMO has a dedicated fan club as well

Yeah, Plasma is far and away prettier than Phosh but unfortunately, Phosh wins hands down for stability. Once Plasma mobile gets it's stability kinks worked out, I'll switch to that in a heartbeat. It just has more familiar interactions and greater compatibility within the larger KDE ecosystem (is anyone using KDE connect?). Currently running mobian and liking it well enough. I'm familiar with apt and the underlying stuff so it hasn't been too difficult. I saw that ProtonVPN was supposedly compatible and I installed the .deb file but it doesn't seem to want to load so that's weird. Having call and SMS/MMS weirdness but I'm testing out a new carrier to see if that's the issue (Mint Mobile instead of Red Pocket Mobile). No way I'm going to try out Arch, that just sounds too intimidating to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just purchased a PPP, how screwed am I? - by GhostLegion - 07-21-2023, 11:19 AM