Telegram in general
Since Telegram (aka telegram-desktop) installs fine on several distros, I wouldn't put it under any of them, but rather here in the general PP software.

After surpassing the initial hurdle - some sort of musical chairs shell game with my daughter's Telegram on android, where she cloned herself on my phone, then I reinvented myself as someone else, then she disowned the clone... few more steps that I couldn't even memorize, but okay, I have a working Telegram. Can chat, can talk (audio works), even saw a video of my wife from her (Mint) PC, and perhaps I'll be able to use my phone cameras once - tried that a couple of times, once it didn't work, second time had to reboot the phone.

That first run was in november. Since then I got a couple of updates and my desktop icon went missing. Just disappeared altogether. I have to launch a console and type telegram-desktop, and keep the console open, and eventually, when I quit Telegram, dismiss a dialog telling me that it knows that I had quit Telegram.

I've found the org.telegram.desktop.desktop file somewhere (where it should be), and no matter what I tried, it doesn't show on the desktop. I learned more about .desktop files than I ever wanted to, and still no dice. Is there some simple trick to make it show up?

Messages In This Thread
Telegram in general - by Eugo - 03-18-2023, 05:30 AM
RE: Telegram in general - by Kevin Kofler - 03-18-2023, 04:47 PM
RE: Telegram in general - by Eugo - 03-20-2023, 11:13 AM
RE: Telegram in general - by alaraajavamma - 03-20-2023, 11:38 AM
RE: Telegram in general - by Eugo - 03-21-2023, 03:14 AM
RE: Telegram in general - by Kevin Kofler - 03-22-2023, 05:39 PM
RE: Telegram in general - by alaraajavamma - 03-23-2023, 03:31 AM
RE: Telegram in general - by Kevin Kofler - 03-23-2023, 06:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  meet franz! (whatsapp,telegram,etc linux client) vanja 0 1,291 09-15-2022, 01:23 AM
Last Post: vanja