Dead USB Port
(07-13-2016, 11:24 AM)xalius Wrote: After a quick look, the only thing I could see was that the pins on my board and other boards (see pic on the left from the linux-sunxi wiki on the Pine) are protruding a lot more through the holes, maybe a pin of the connector was bent while placing the part? Or is it just the angle at which the picture was taken that makes your pins look shorter?

http://i.imgur.com/yspDtty.jpg

From photos, looks like missing one pin connectivity. Please PM me on the following info and I will reship a new board for you. On the meantime, you still can using this board (lack one USB port function) until new board arrived.

KS order number:
Replacement item configuration:
Name:
Address:
City:
State/Province:
Zip Code:
Phone (for shipment purpose):
(07-13-2016, 11:24 AM)xalius Wrote: After a quick look, the only thing I could see was that the pins on my board and other boards (see pic on the left from the linux-sunxi wiki on the Pine) are protruding a lot more through the holes, maybe a pin of the connector was bent while placing the part? Or is it just the angle at which the picture was taken that makes your pins look shorter?

http://i.imgur.com/yspDtty.jpg

You are absolutely correct, missed that one big time..definitely looks like one pin is bent under, rather than thru the board (typing as I toss the new reading glasses out the window...Smile...).
(07-08-2016, 03:21 PM)OBlackJack Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 05:56 PM)DonFL Wrote: So its been that way since you got it? One port has never worked?

Give it a good once over visually...usb pins on the port itself, solder connections for the 8 pins on the dual usb jack (2x4), etc.  

Few other things you could do, dependent on your troubleshooting skills, that would narrow down the cause.

I'm not that skilled in electronics... I've checked it in arrival when I first noticed that one port isn't working properly. I will provide you guys some pictures when I m home again On Sunday evening. Maybe you will see something on the pictures...
 Do we have a resold for a dead USB? I have the same issueD
(10-07-2016, 09:36 PM)DJMcMillan Wrote:  Do we have a resold for a dead USB? I have the same issueD

If you look at the underside of the board where the USB ports are, can you see the ends of all eight pins sticking through? Like in the picture xalius linked earlier highlighting that at one of the pins didn't appear to have made it through, so was probably bent an not connected. If so, it is probably best to lodge a support ticket, and they should get back to with you within 48 hours.
I think mine looks ok?
https://twitter.com/djmcmillan/status/78...6496107520
Yeah soldering looks good to me, how is your board powered? Is the 5V select jumper mounted and set accordingly? Otherwise you wont have power on the USB ports...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>