New PPP kwayland and broken lockscreen?
Sorry if this has been asked before but I have not followed pinephone development for a year or two.

I received the PPP today and updated pacman-mirrors followed by a full system upgrade via `pacman -Syyu'

During the update I get a Y/N prompt asking if I want to replace 'kwayland' with 'kwin' . I decided no as I thought this was a bug and the system was attempting to install the default plasma window manager (A big assumption I know, but a search at the time turned up nothing).

Following the update everything seems to be working fine (so far) with the exception of screen locking.

When attempting to wake the screen, instead of the lock-screen I get a text message I can not fully see due to it's size, something along the lines of " lock screen broken". Turning the screen off and back on presents me with a lock-screen that looks like a desktop and asking for a pin but no virtual keyboard is available to deliver user input.

Since I haven't been following development I don't know if the lock-screen misbehavior is 1) From my decision not to replace kwayland or 2) From the update or 3) a common bug everyone is dealing with.

Any insight  to help me get up to speed would be greatly appreciated.
I  saw your message and went with yes instead.

The result is the same sadly.  I wish I could help, but I have the same problem.