PINE64

Full Version: Rock64 no network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this is what happened.

I got my new Rock64 yesterday. Been waiting for a month to get this.

I flashed DieptPi and tried to configure it over LAN for first time and it was smooth except at one point there was no display. I tried to reflash the memory card with Dietpi. It started to get the updates for first time and then no display. 

I tried to flash OMV on that. When i connect without network it shows no network, which is ok. When i try to connect LAN cable i dont see the rock64 in network.

How can i get this resolved?
I changed the power supply to 5W now and I got network.

But the network is unstable and keeps dropping. How can I fix this?
(04-06-2019, 11:34 PM)ripcord Wrote: [ -> ]I changed the power supply to 5W now and I got network.

But the network is unstable and keeps dropping. How can I fix this?

Depending on what you have plugged in you may need a 5v 3a power supply
Guess that might be the case. I have plugged in a 4TB external portable HDD USB 3.0.

The connection to that keeps dropping down too. i had no issue with RPi B3+ though. I have ordered a power supply. hope that works out.

thanks.
(04-07-2019, 05:32 AM)ripcord Wrote: [ -> ]Guess that might be the case. I have plugged in a 4TB external portable HDD USB 3.0.

The connection to that keeps dropping down too. i had no issue with RPi B3+ though. I have ordered a power supply. hope that works out.

thanks.

What happens to your network if you don't plug the hdd in?
Unless your power supply is up to the job the hdd in the USB 3.00 Port will surely cause you difficulties. No point making comparisons to RPI3+ board. Different beast. Make sure you have enough overhead to power your Rock64 plus peripherals.
(04-07-2019, 04:14 PM)evilbunny Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2019, 05:32 AM)ripcord Wrote: [ -> ]Guess that might be the case. I have plugged in a 4TB external portable HDD USB 3.0.

thanks.

What happens to your network if you don't plug the hdd in?

Haven't tested that. Anyway I have ordered the QC30 based usb adapter which should do the job I guess as i meets the spec.