Packages available for arm
I'd like to get a Pine64 Pro laptop to tinker with. I was happy to see it now ships with Manjaro.

I've done some googling to find out what packages I might be able to install on it. I found a little info, but some of it was contradictory.

Could anyone please just confirm which of the following packages I could install on the Pine64 Pro Manjaro?

SQLite3
VIM
Visual Studio Code
Sublime Text
Python3
PyQt5
PostgreSQL

As you can see, I'm not going to push the device too hard; but unless I can get some of these programs installed, I won't have much to tinker with.

Thanks for the help, and many thanks to everyone who has been involved in this project!
35 views and no replies. That tells me what I need to know....

I'm very encouraged by this project. I wish I had skills to contribute.

In the meantime, please keep up the great work! I really appreciate all that people do for the FOSS movement.

Best regards!
41 views and no replies. That answers my question.

I'm very encouraged by this project. I wish I had some skills to contribute to move it along.

Many thanks to those working on this project and the FOSS movement. Your efforts really are appreciated!

Best regards.
(05-05-2020, 01:40 AM)ibi Wrote: SQLite3
VIM
Visual Studio Code
Sublime Text
Python3
PyQt5
PostgreSQL

Most you'll be able to search the AUR and find. You may have to edit the pkgbuilds, but most of the various software I've tried has worked fine.

Sqlite is in the AUR.
Vim is likely already included in the system, given its popularity, if not it's in the repos.
VSCode you can find aarch64 packages of pretty easily.
Don't hold your breath on Sublime Text, just find an alternative. Sublime doesn't seem too interested in distributing any ARM versions.
Python3 is available in the repos and AUR.
python-pyqt5 exists in the repos.
PostgreSQL is also in the repos.

For any further questions concerning which packages will be available to you through Manjaro on th ePBP, you can start by searching through archlinux.org/packages or aur.archlinux.org
(05-05-2020, 12:24 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 01:40 AM)ibi Wrote: SQLite3
VIM
Visual Studio Code
Sublime Text
Python3
PyQt5
PostgreSQL

Most you'll be able to search the AUR and find. You may have to edit the pkgbuilds, but most of the various software I've tried has worked fine.

Sqlite is in the AUR.
Vim is likely already included in the system, given its popularity, if not it's in the repos.
VSCode you can find aarch64 packages of pretty easily.
Don't hold your breath on Sublime Text, just find an alternative. Sublime doesn't seem too interested in distributing any ARM versions.
Python3 is available in the repos and AUR.
python-pyqt5 exists in the repos.
PostgreSQL is also in the repos.

For any further questions concerning which packages will be available to you through Manjaro on th ePBP, you can start by searching through archlinux.org/packages or  aur.archlinux.org

Thank you!

I really appreciate it. And I'm going to dive in. Looking forward to it.
Many thanks, tophneal!

I think I'll order a laptop.
(05-05-2020, 12:42 PM)ibi Wrote: Many thanks, tophneal!

I think I'll order a laptop.

@ibi, Before you order, check out the Pinebook Pro Wiki, including the trouble shooting and compatible devices section. While the Wiki contains a great deal of useful information, it's a community driven document. So, we in the community add when we learn something new.

Using the Wiki will help you understand that the Pinebook Pro is a work in progress. Absolutely great for the price, and much better than anything else, (except closed sourced ARM laptops).
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  trying to install packages to debian onlyjediontheweekend 1 2,743 12-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Last Post: nas
  Packages from Official Repositories? stefan.schumacher 1 2,484 11-17-2019, 05:27 AM
Last Post: evilbunny