Answers to e-mails and PMs are non-existant?
(05-04-2016, 08:46 AM)rahlquist Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 08:42 AM)pineresearch Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 08:39 AM)rahlquist Wrote: I believe in the 5/2 KS update he stated support queues are now 4 days deep.

They should really start making these announcements public as they're now also selling outside of Kickstarter.
Thanks for the update. Luckily the community is really nice, because of people like you.

Well in their defense they did email that to everyone from KS. And the Pine store has stated they wont ship anything till all the KS orders are out. As late as June. Perhaps they should state that support will not be available until July Wink 

Your best bet for technical questions is in the forum. For sales support, well, your best bet is a lot of patience.
  • First off: I understand that, like most of these single-board computers, it's carrying a 1.2 GHz ARM processor. Does this mean that it'll flawlessly run ARM Arch Linux, and Raspian?

• Under your FAQ it says "You're working on getting Windows running." however I do not see a proper version of Windows running on Pine64 as it is in it's current state, ever. This would require Microsoft to rewrite a GUI version to support an ARM processor. I think Windows 10 IoT is the best we're gonna get. Perhaps you could explain how you are actively working on getting windows running?

• Speaking of Windows 10 IoT: does it run?

• Do you have any major plans to upgrade any hardware units in the near future that would make it worth holding with this bulk order?

• What's your warranty policy like?

• Have you tried clustering Pine's before. If so, are there any papers written on this?

Were all of the questions in the e-mail. Do you think the community will be able to answer most of this?

Update: Also, tllim just PM'd me explaining that he's very busy and will reply to inquiries before friday. So it's all good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Answers to e-mails and PMs are non-existant? - by pineresearch - 05-04-2016, 08:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possibility of having KS e-mails forwarded? pineresearch 2 2,976 05-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Luke