Answers to e-mails and PMs are non-existant?
(05-04-2016, 09:14 PM)MegaMech Wrote: Give the Pine64 crew a break. Stop pestering them. If you had been reading the update e-mails you would already know that they're working really hard and are swamped with emails. The more emails they get, the less actual work they do. At this point their focus should be manufacturing not support. If you have general questions you should be asking them on the forum.

Its so simple. Everybodies questions are answered in the e-mails yet for some reason hundreds of people ignore them and send emails to the pine64 guys anyway. Or DOA boards that are not DOA because they didn't bother reading the forums.

Please read the thread before commenting like this.
Only KS backers get those update e-mails. But now that they're selling to people who are not necessarily backers we don't have any clue what is going on.
(05-05-2016, 05:53 AM)pineresearch Wrote: Please read the thread before commenting like this.
Only KS backers get those update e-mails. But now that they're selling to people who are not necessarily backers we don't have any clue what is going on.

They have not sold any boards to anyone except kickstarter backers. The only reason they opened the shop like... Yesterday, was because people were asking for it. [Whoever writes the e-mails] Said that he will not be doing anything with those orders until ALL of the kickstarter stuff has been shipped out and has had a vacation. (Joking about the vacation.)

I'm sorry to make you sound like the bad guy, but if you're not a kickstarter backer then you're not going to be receiving your board until probably september so there's no point e-mailing them unless its important and your question cannot be answered here. The pine64 crew is doing the best they can, and wasting time answering e-mails that could have found their answer here or in the newsletter is silly.

If you (And anyone else) PM me your e-mail, I'll forward all of the kickstarter e-mails to you. Including new ones, if I get the chance. That way you'll be able to catch up on goings on. When you signed up for backerkit or whatever store they're using that should have also signed you up for their newsletter (imo). Again though, you wouldn't have gotten the old e-mails, that had an entire paragraph about how frustrated the team was because they were working really hard, but many people were sending angry e-mails or showing up at their door step because they don't have their boards yet. Barely a quote but similar meaning: "I should be happy at my success, instead due to all the pressure/stress I feel like jumping off a bridge".
(05-05-2016, 12:38 PM)MegaMech Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 05:53 AM)pineresearch Wrote: Please read the thread before commenting like this.

They have not sold any boards to anyone except kickstarter backers. The only reason they opened the shop like... Yesterday, was because people were asking for it. [Whoever writes the e-mails] Said that he will not be doing anything with those orders until ALL of the kickstarter stuff has been shipped out and has had a vacation. (Joking about the vacation.)

I'm sorry to make you sound like the bad guy, but if you're not a kickstarter backer then you're not going to be receiving your board until probably september so there's no point e-mailing them unless its important and your question cannot be answered here. The pine64 crew is doing the best they can, and wasting time answering e-mails that could have found their answer here or in the newsletter is silly.

If you (And anyone else) PM me your e-mail, I'll forward all of the kickstarter e-mails to you. Including new ones, if I get the chance. That way you'll be able to catch up on goings on. When you signed up for backerkit or whatever store they're using that should have also signed you up for their newsletter (imo). Again though, you wouldn't have gotten the old e-mails, that had an entire paragraph about how frustrated the team was because they were working really hard, but many people were sending angry e-mails or showing up at their door step because they don't have their boards yet. Barely a quote but similar meaning: "I should be happy at my success, instead due to all the pressure/stress I feel like jumping off a bridge".

Hey man. I've sent you a PM.
September is a stretch for online orders (not KS), i would guess that the Pine64 fulfillment team would want to take a break after Kickstarter is all done, but i would expect an online order to be given to you promptly. If you order at the beginning of June, you'll probably get it late June at most. I have no idea how many online orders are already placed, but the delay shouldn't be too much.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
(05-05-2016, 07:16 PM)pine.tree Wrote: September is a stretch for online orders (not KS), i would guess that the Pine64 fulfillment team would want to take a break after Kickstarter is all done, but i would expect an online order to be given to you promptly. If you order at the beginning of June, you'll probably get it late June at most. I have no idea how many online orders are already placed, but the delay shouldn't be too much.

See that is very much an issue since I ordered when the website was flashing: Orders will ship May 2016. Therefore shipping later than this would break the agreement.
(05-06-2016, 05:20 AM)pineresearch Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 07:16 PM)pine.tree Wrote: September is a stretch for online orders (not KS), i would guess that the Pine64 fulfillment team would want to take a break after Kickstarter is all done, but i would expect an online order to be given to you promptly. If you order at the beginning of June, you'll probably get it late June at most. I have no idea how many online orders are already placed, but the delay shouldn't be too much.

See that is very much an issue since I ordered when the website was flashing: Orders will ship May 2016. Therefore shipping later than this would break the agreement.
@pineresearch
Then email support, cancel your order and put in a dispute with your credit card. It's that simple, no point wasting time. 

@everyone else not a Kickstarter Investor
Honestly there are hundreds of posts about the backup in shipment of orders at this point. For anyone to bitch about the shipping times is nothing short of ridiculous. 

JUST STOP.  There are 2-5 new posters every day coming in here stamping their feet bitching about where is my order. There is a backup, until the backup clears all shipping dates will remain fluid. Tllim and the crew are doing the best they can but if all they can ship is 500 - 700 boards a day then so be it. Remember fledgling company just getting going. 

If you want one of these bad enough to order from the pine site then do so but be prepared to wait. In the meantime those of us with the device will keep honing skills and OS's and everything else so when you get yours it will be easier for you get running and find answers than it was for us. 

Until you see a thread that says Thanks for the speedy shipping! Dont order expecting it to be timely. They are doing the best they can. We have all been spoiled by rapid shipping. I recently had to learn what patience was when I ordered a microsd from Frys on 4/3 and it didnt arrive till 4/30 because of a backorder with their supplier. It was $3 cheaper than ti was on amazon and I could have had it in 2 days. LOL
Don't worry- if you've already ordered, your items WILL ship out at the stated date. I didn't realize you had already ordered from the site. You should get your order in early June at the latest then, if you've ordered recently.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possibility of having KS e-mails forwarded? pineresearch 2 2,879 05-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Luke