Did you pay import tax?
Yes
50.53%
No
49.47%
95 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it?
(02-13-2020, 04:28 PM)Foxchild Wrote: Is this true? Asendia marked packages as "gift"?  Huh Besides not being very intelligent, that is not quite legal. No wonder my package has been with customs for a week...

This is, IMHO, a really tricky area. The standard shipping label has tick box options for
Gift
Commercial Sample
Documents
Other

In reality Pine should go with Other I guess, although nearly 100% of what I import has Gift ticked. At least in the UK it makes little difference as UK customs only believes in Gifts between private individuals, so it ignores the ticks in the Gift box in 99.9% of cases.

Pine did accurately describe the contents as a PinePhone Brave Heart, value USD25. Again IMHO this is probably fair for the BOM costs but is risky on the low side. If UK customs get upset with this valuation they decree the value is what you paid (including P&P) and proceed on that basis.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - by dukla2000 - 02-13-2020, 05:25 PM