Anyone tried Anbox-4-arm64 yet?
(09-02-2020, 11:46 AM)Idaho Wrote: Hmm, I've never recompiled my kernel before, so I don't really know what you mean by passing the flags through PKGBUILD, I'll investigate as to how-to recompile the kernel with the modules but the git report is not every clear (as in providing a step by step guide) about this...

Also it's a bit boring that I have to recompile the kernel, that means every time I update the kernel I'll have to recompile it with the modules? Confused

What OS are you using? It might be helpful to ask on their forums for direction regarding this. The git issue is pretty all over the place, but if you're on Arch/Manjaro, you should be able to follow the updated install instruction in the Arch wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Anbox
Yeah I'm using Manjaro 5.8 atm...

Thanks for sending the wiki link it seems clearer but I'm still a bit confused, do I just have to modify the config file and reboot my pbp and it'll automatically recompile the kernel at reboot? it's a bit frustrating that their howto assumes I know how to build a kernel and where is said config file... I understand arch is for advanced users but it's still meh...
(09-02-2020, 12:58 PM)Idaho Wrote: Yeah I'm using Manjaro 5.8 atm...

Thanks for sending the wiki link it seems clearer but I'm still a bit confused, do I just have to modify the config file and reboot my pbp and it'll automatically recompile the kernel at reboot? it's a bit frustrating that their howto assumes I know how to build a kernel and where is said config file... I understand arch is for advanced users but it's still meh...

This write up should help, you'll just need to make sure you're using the right URLs, since this is a few months old: https://medium.com/@Leduccc/compiling-a-...9aa103713f
This might be a dumb question. Are you guys using the nvme adaptor to expand your storage for these builds? If so is your os running from the ssd then?
No, my NVMe drive is nothing but shared data space. the most it gets used for Anbox is the archiving of android.imgs
(09-08-2020, 06:46 AM)tophneal Wrote: No, my NVMe drive is nothing but shared data space. the most it gets used for Anbox is the archiving of android.imgs
Ok. So then with building something that would take 100 gb, is that on the emmc? I'm still learning. My PBP is the 64gb version which is why I ask.
(09-08-2020, 06:50 AM)bastafari Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 06:46 AM)tophneal Wrote: No, my NVMe drive is nothing but shared data space. the most it gets used for Anbox is the archiving of android.imgs
Ok. So then with building something that would take 100 gb, is that on the emmc? I'm still learning. My PBP is the 64gb version which is why I ask.

Are you trying to build your own android.img?

My Anbox files are all on my emmc (one of the 128s) or the SD card I have Manjaro installed on. My NVMe is dedicated to resources between OSes and large files. How you  store you files is all on you and your preferences, though.
(09-08-2020, 06:54 AM)tophneal Wrote:

My Anbox files are all on my emmc (one of the 128s) or the SD card I have Manjaro installed on. My NVMe is dedicated to resources between OSes and large files. How you  store you files is all on you and your preferences, though.
I would build it if I had to. Would be a cool experiment at this point for me. Just want to cover my bases before I do something stupid.
(09-08-2020, 06:56 AM)bastafari Wrote:

I would build it if I had to. Would be a cool experiment at this point for me. Just want to cover my bases before I do something stupid.

IIRC you cannot build the android.img within an aarch64 architecture. The tools Google uses to build Android are consistently only available on X86 (I tried when I got my PBP.) You'd have to build it on another PC.
(09-08-2020, 06:58 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 06:56 AM)bastafari Wrote:

IIRC you cannot build the android.img within an aarch64 architecture. The tools Google uses to build Android are consistently only available on X86 (I tried when I got my PBP.) You'd have to build it on another PC.

Ahhh. Ok.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compile of Anbox fails because kernel function kallsyms_lookup_name() is unexported Tsvi Bar-David 6 7,698 06-30-2020, 06:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal