Anyone tried Anbox-4-arm64 yet?
(01-30-2020, 05:17 PM)PakoSt Wrote: I've updated my Manjaro packages from my previous comment:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hl8mWh...My9owzQ-E0
Notes:
  1. Extract the archives -> the compiled packages are in there along with all the mess I've done to get it to run
  2. Ignore anbox-image_experiment.tar.gz -> that's the standard one dug up from Anbox'es github page and doesn't work
  3. anbox-image-working.tar.gz is using the Android image kindly provided by Sebastian Krzyszkowiak from his proof of concept on the Librem 5 Smile Usually it's unwise to use images randomly posted on the internet and you can create your own if you have 100GB+ of free storage to build one
  4. I don't know if it's necessary but I've created a version of the pinebookpro kernel with the same flags as from this merge request accompanying the photo of the Proof of Concept on the Librem 5. Link here: https://social.librem.one/@dos/103564403894744164  (I have no idea why the link doesn't show up properly Confused )

Additional notes:
  • run anbox-bridge before you start the container to get networking (running as root might be required)
  • In my Plasma session, Anbox was... lets say heavy and did cause my system to hang at least once
  • In XWayland mode on my Wayfire setup, Anbox doesn't show the cursor but didn't exhibit the instability I observed in Plasma (it works but you have to go blind and click the touchpad)
Yet more notes:
  • I had no success with Vivaldi and Brave browsers
  • I need to dig and find a game which doesn't require Google Play Services to test (or just use of my game projects as guinea pig during the weekend)
  • Telegram works okey. It doesn't crash at first sight of a sticker and may be even usable (though we should try to bring telegram's developers attention to the crash on the aarch64 desktop one Wink )
Well, we have something to begin working on Smile

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1609]

Hi PakoSt,
I downloaded your anbox-image-working.tar.gz, but there are 4 files, which one should be used for ARM64? (In fact I am using one ARM64 devices).
anbox-image-1:2018.07.19-3-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst  
android_1_arm64.img
anbox-image-1:2018.07.19-2-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst  

android.img

In fact I have used [u]android_1_arm64.img but when launching the app manager it shows starting then exit .[/u]
[u]And then I used your android.img, for this one when launching app manager it works fine. But when I installed some apks with "native-code: '' 'armeabi' 'armeabi-v7a", it failed with error "INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS". Then I found this image file (android.img) 's abilist is [arm64-v8a] which makes [u][u]'armeabi' 'armeabi-v7a" apk failed.  Just want to confirm if android.img is built with [u][u]arm64-v8a only.[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

[u][u][u][u][u]Another problem I found is when launched WebView Browser, after I finishing typing a website, it shows blank window and then crashed.[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]
[u][u][u][u][u]I found there is following error:[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

[u][u][u][u][u]02-27 15:09:44.678    30    30 E EGL_emulation: tid 30: eglCreateSyncKHR(1315): error 0x3004 (EGL_BAD_ATTRIBUTE)[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]
[u][u][u][u][u]02-27 15:10:08.539   519   615 E libEGL  : validate_display:99 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

[u][u][u][u][u]Do you have this issue?[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]
(01-18-2020, 08:47 AM)aaspectre Wrote: i actually found that just before you posted that, the container and session starts, but the window is black. it appears to be functioning underneath it all, though.

classic mali moment, both on fbturbo and panfrost have the same result. building swiftshader right now to try software rendering

also all i did for the build was firstly using the rebornos modules as you said and then, literally followed the raspi tutorial just skipping the "Replace uint64_t with uint32_t in src/anbox/input/device.cpp, struct CompatEvent." step. i'd just do a new clone and retry, it doesn't take that long to build if you use all 6 cores anyhow! (make -j 6)

welp, swiftshader build failed. I'm at all loss until i regain the patience to get swiftshader built. Everything does seem to be working though, i'm able to get an adb shell into the running session, and all seems normal, literally no errors besides network not being connected. i am fairly confident this is down to mali being mali.

Hi aaspectre,

I found on my ARM64 devices, host GPU driver is not compatible with the emulator.
So I'd like to use software rendering. But when I enabled software rendering, it says following error:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANBOX_LOG_LEVEL=debug EGL_LOG_LEVEL="debug" anbox session-manager --single-window --window-size=380,512 --software-rendering

[ 2020-03-02 15:20:36] [daemon.cpp:61@Run] Software rendering is enabled, but SwiftShader library directory is not found

How do you install the SwiftShader library?

I know there is https://docs.anbox.io/userguide/advanced...ering.html with snap, but my ubuntu could not use snap, so it does not work for me.

Thanks,
Frank
Hi, @FrankWu , it's been a few weeks since I've visited the forum.
I didn't create that image - it was actually a developer from Librem 5 Smile

Yup, I wasn't able to install armv7 apks either. The image is aarch64 and it expects arm64 apks - ideally it shouldn't be a problem as apks are required to have 64bit for the Play Store but yeah...
Haven't checked the browsers since... is it early February? Same problems there.

I'm thinking to give it another shot this weekend and see how much things have changed

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
(03-18-2020, 09:47 AM)PakoSt Wrote: Hi, @FrankWu , it's been a few weeks since I've visited the forum.
I didn't create that image - it was actually a developer from Librem 5 Smile

Yup, I wasn't able to install armv7 apks either. The image is aarch64 and it expects arm64 apks - ideally it shouldn't be a problem as apks are required to have 64bit for the Play Store but yeah...
Haven't checked the browsers since... is it early February? Same problems there.

I'm thinking to give it another shot this weekend and see how much things have changed

1. I have created one arm64 image and it is arm64 only and not armeabi-v7a support.
This arm64 only configuration leads to one critical problem that mediacodec and related service could not be running on the arm64 only system.
I have tried enabled the armeabi-v7a with arm64 with changing the https://github.com/anbox/anbox/blob/mast...x_arm64.mk.
Even I could create armeabi-v7a together with arm64 image, it still could not execute the 32bit application like mediacodec.
[ro.product.cpu.abi]: [arm64-v8a]
[ro.product.cpu.abilist]: [arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,armeabi]
[ro.product.cpu.abilist32]: [armeabi-v7a,armeabi]

I think anbox has problem to support arm64 together with armeabi-v7a.

2. I have created one armeabi-v7a only image, and installed on my arm64 devices, and it is still running as ARM64
I will try more with the ARM32 only image.
Has anyone tried the android.img that PostMarketOS has achieved success with, yet?
You can load that image and overall I think it will be better combo than the previous one, @tophneal

Finally got the sd cards delivered. I will load one with pmOS to check how Anbox runs there. Guess there is no anbox-bridge or smth based on a few messages I saw on Discord about manually setting up the internet connection.

With my hacked up Anbox build which is based on AUR with the pmOS image, the browsers are in far more functional state (they don't crash immediately). Kodi... crashes a lot and I can't get to check if Netflix would be an option there.
For your run-of-the-mill Android app, it can get the job done.
A sort of a "hack" if one of you guys is running Wayland - the cursor won't show up on my Wayfire DE and to combat this, I start up Blender (yup, Blender 2.7 with es2 support). Now, Blender has X wrapper and runs through XWayland just like Anbox. When you move through a particular portion of Blender's UI, the mouse cursor is switched to cross looking one and it persists over the Anbox window - big quality of life improvement there  Big Grin

Hopefully with kernel 5.7 there will be more patches and work done for the VPU side of things to help out with video acceleration.

Time to load a few things on those SD Cards

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
(03-31-2020, 03:15 PM)PakoSt Wrote: You can load that image and overall I think it will be better combo than the previous one, @tophneal

Finally got the sd cards delivered. I will load one with pmOS to check how Anbox runs there. Guess there is no anbox-bridge or smth based on a few messages I saw on Discord about manually setting up the internet connection.

With my hacked up Anbox build which is based on AUR with the pmOS image, the browsers are in far more functional state (they don't crash immediately). Kodi... crashes a lot and I can't get to check if Netflix would be an option there.
For your run-of-the-mill Android app, it can get the job done.
A sort of a "hack" if one of you guys is running Wayland - the cursor won't show up on my Wayfire DE and to combat this, I start up Blender (yup, Blender 2.7 with es2 support). Now, Blender has X wrapper and runs through XWayland just like Anbox. When you move through a particular portion of Blender's UI, the mouse cursor is switched to cross looking one and it persists over the Anbox window - big quality of life improvement there  Big Grin

Hopefully with kernel 5.7 there will be more patches and work done for the VPU side of things to help out with video acceleration.

Time to load a few things on those SD Cards

Let us know what you find, @PakoSt ! I think later today I'll boot up my Manjaro install and reinstall Anbox (I've honestly been kind of avoiding it,) and try out their Android.img.
Did you try it on Manjaro?

Would be nice to have some basic Android apps on the Pinebook Pro for sure.
(05-17-2020, 08:17 AM)poVoq Wrote: Did you try it on Manjaro?

Would be nice to have some basic Android apps on the Pinebook Pro for sure.

I haven't reinstalled Anbox on Manjaro, yet, no. Immediately after expressing that, I got bogged down with work. I'm sure I'll get around to it this week, now that I've finally swapped out my Fedora SD for the Manjaro SD.

Fortunately, we already know that Anbox does work, it just requires using certain android.imgs for aarch64. The best options so far should be linked in this thread. (androind.img from the Postmarket OS repo may not be, and it likely the best candidate.) I suggest if you do want to run Anbox, don't use an OS installed on an SD card. It's painfully slow and hard to use.
Any progress on the Anbox integration?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compile of Anbox fails because kernel function kallsyms_lookup_name() is unexported Tsvi Bar-David 6 7,694 06-30-2020, 06:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal