30.91%
Textures or photography
7.27%
Humor
3.64%
55 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Skins for the community
(12-06-2019, 09:36 AM)jabo Wrote: This would have awesome to have installed before mine fell out my truck. Lol

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Oh no! Did it sustain much damage?
It got dinged up bad and cracked the plastic keyboard cover on the edges above the ports. Still works with no issues. [Image: 20d0c149b9371788a1598ddc7ea45726.jpg][Image: 685fc45aa004429567a95bab36a18aa4.jpg]

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Spiceworks Community: That_IT_Guy
Twitter: @myhelpdeskhell
I wonder if the alloy is soft enough to smooth out the little ruts so you could be able to skin...
Another skin design incoming. Started a star trails design, forgot how tedious these were to create, so now that I've hit a good stop-and-saving point, I'd share the current preview. Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve it, and of course, it is a WIP. I probably won't finish it til sometime next week. (A lot of subtle effects on each line, and they bog down my machine with every little change.

[Image: Z4vnXKF.png]
Carbon with the White and Blue are my favorites so far! Great work. The star trails design is also really cool. I especially like it as a desktop background.
Glad you like it! Hopefully I'm going to get to test a sample of some clear vinyl tomorrow night. It's supposed to have strong adhesive, but easily come off. It would be perfect for skinning! It'd be cool to see one of these come off of the screen.

I'll make a 1080 wallpaper version of the star trails. That version is low quality, with template guides.
Those look awesome. After seeing these, I'd probably go with the all black one.
Great work!
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(12-06-2019, 08:36 PM)Luke Wrote: Those look awesome. After seeing these, I'd probably go with the all black one.
Great work!

Thanks! I figured you would.

I bet it'd look good as normal carbon with dark carbon in the logo, too.
(12-05-2019, 05:25 PM)tophneal Wrote: I'll whip those 3 up once I get the cleaned up files back.

Cool!

Went ahead and setup the other options, mentioned by @Luke . I don't have the cleaned up template files back yet, but that doesn't have to stop general design and mockups.

First is the solid white logo on carbon weave:
[Image: tCtUxbh.png]

Next is a light grey-white carbon weave logo:
[Image: oai47Nq.png]

Finally, a darker carbon weave background, with a solid black logo (drop shadow was removed from the logo on this one, to help keep the logo from blurring into the weave):
[Image: UIv0ZTY.png]

"darker carbon weave background, with a solid black logo (drop shadow was removed from the logo on this one, to help keep the logo from blurring into the weave)"

Nice!  The black pine cone is my fav so far!  Understated and elegant.
[Image: WDuLNobq9FvvDadmFenqTdS6K8PzD3jrvPeA7r95.png]
[Image: YNPCtemdEOUpOqplP8hc8ReYythp9K4PCCOsIuWC.png]

I only come up with weird ideas. Would anyone be interested in some sort of hand painted looking skin? I'm not sure if I am completely happy with either one of these, but if there is interest, I may focus on one style or the other. Or scrap it an go with vectors.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Community Wallpapers tophneal 15 14,769 06-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Last Post: SpoofyKid
  Just a thank you of creating a community device that makes HW fun again gabeeg 1 2,996 11-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro Community pre-order ending / public pre-order open on 25th Luke 8 13,060 08-26-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: mjsabby