I has a thing
I'm sorry guys. I just couldn't resist. Mine has arrived. I'm actually typing up this post on the PBP. I'm still getting used to the ISO keyboard.

I have to go back to work, so my responses won't be quick.

Yay!!!

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot at 2019-10-01 16-37-30.png (Size: 198.3 KB / Downloads: 1,114)
.jpg   IMG_20191001_121758006_resize_66.jpg (Size: 348.74 KB / Downloads: 715)
(10-01-2019, 10:38 AM)kunger Wrote: I'm sorry guys. I just couldn't resist. Mine has arrived. I'm actually typing up this post on the PBP. I'm still getting used to the ISO keyboard.

Yay!!!

Nice lucky you, how is it what are you running, how's the screen and sound? Ah well at least they are real, thought I was dreaming it at one time.
(10-01-2019, 11:16 AM)dreddit Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 10:38 AM)kunger Wrote: I'm sorry guys. I just couldn't resist. Mine has arrived. I'm actually typing up this post on the PBP. I'm still getting used to the ISO keyboard.

Yay!!!

Nice lucky you, how is it what are you running, how's the screen and sound? Ah well at least they are real, thought I was dreaming it at one time.

No issues with the screen. It's clear and doesn't seem to have a problem with glare.

Currently, I have no audio. I haven't tested with headphones yet, but out of the box it seems audio is not working.

EDIT: The audio issues and keyboard layout issues were solved by logging in using the rock/rock user instead of root/root. That would be my fault. I briefly looked around for credentials but ended up guessing root/root. Luke's recent post about the rock/rock user has solved my two issues thus far.
Lucky you! Hopefully mine will be in my paws soon as well. You have my captivated attention - I am looking forward to hearing more about your first and second impressions.
So far I've tried YouTube via Firefox and Chrome as well as a downloaded MP4. No luck so far.

I've also discovered that the keyboard mapping might be off. The pipe character "|" is actually on the ~/# key instead of the key that has the pipe printed on it.

Hopefully these are just software bugs. With the audio problem, I'm seeing some issues launching the PulseAudio applet, which might be related.

Assuming these are fixable, the overall build quality is very nice. The feel of the keys are better than most laptop keyboards I've personally experienced. I just need to get used to the ISO layout or wait until Pine64 releases an ANSI keyboard replacement. I held off on buying the SSD adapter with the assumption I'd order both at the same time.

EDIT: The audio issues and keyboard layout issues were solved by logging in using the rock/rock user instead of root/root. That would be my fault. I briefly looked around for credentials but ended up guessing root/root. Luke's recent post about the rock/rock user has solved my two issues thus far.
Where are you located, roughly?
(10-01-2019, 12:41 PM)nyxxenator Wrote: Where are you located, roughly?

Dayton, Ohio, United States
(10-01-2019, 12:45 PM)kunger Wrote:

Good to know, I am in a nearby state. How were you notified (email or SMS)?
(10-01-2019, 12:45 PM)kunger Wrote:

I'm not all that far from you.  I am concerned, because the building I'm getting it delivered to changed layouts recently and it's not hugely clear what to do with packages.  I'm nervous that DHL has it and is going to try to deliver it without me getting informed, and therefore without giving me the ability to walk them through where to go.
Thanks for sharing! Please report how the battery life holds up for your use case.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the most useful thing...... User 6582 2 4,070 10-24-2019, 06:00 AM
Last Post: User 6582