Is this it?
Hello BigBertha and welcome to the forum. You own your board for 3 weeks and so far no positive experiences? I'm very surprised. At first I had some problems with Android like you. However, I have found all the necessary information in the forum and can now decide for myself if I prefer to work with android 7 of ayufan or with android 8. Both versions run with some help easily with me. I've heard that some users should have a very unstable system. Something also happened to me when I bombed the system after the first boot with 100 requests. The trick is the system after the first boot for 5-10 minutes left alone. I have no problems with apps. However, I also use it mainly as a 4k media machine and as a retro console and can say that I was fully satisfied in both points for this very cheap board. As far as the TV Gui is concerned, you will probably agree with some of them by now. Let's see if the release in March matches the wishes. For my part I am very satisfied with the tv gui. I handle the system exclusively via cec so the tv remote control. You're right to install the gapps could be easier. But you can also make it easy and downloads the desired apps on third-party sites and can use the desired apps without programming knowledge. I think it's a shame that many more are concerned about denouncing a problem than looking for solutions. The pine makes no more development on older boards is not correct. It was recently announced that Android 9 will be released in March. If questions or problems occur you will be helped in this forum. Just try it.

Messages In This Thread
Is this it? - by bigbertha - 02-20-2019, 10:43 PM
RE: Is this it? - by dkryder - 02-21-2019, 02:32 AM
RE: Is this it? - by geno - 02-21-2019, 04:09 AM
RE: Is this it? - by AlexS - 02-21-2019, 06:27 AM
RE: Is this it? - by geno - 02-21-2019, 07:31 AM
RE: Is this it? - by AlexS - 02-21-2019, 08:39 AM
RE: Is this it? - by geno - 02-22-2019, 05:05 AM
RE: Is this it? - by Poincare - 02-24-2019, 08:17 AM
RE: Is this it? - by fender90 - 02-25-2019, 02:33 PM