Supported speed of sdcard?
I have a U3 rated micro-SD on which I have installed arch linux running on a Pine64+ 2GB model.

I have run a test and even though the card is rated to up to 95MB/s read speed and minimum rated write speed of 30MB/s I get constantly get read write rates of ranging only 10 to 15 MB/s (having done some testing with

Code:
dd if=/dev/mmblk0p2 of=/dev/null bs=2M count=1000 &

Is there any documentation which speed the mmc/sdcard is connected to the A64 of the Pine64+

Can those discouragingly slow speeds be confirmed, or is only my setup so sluggish.

PS: is there any alternative on the Pine64+ for a faster persistant memory storage (something like a emmc, sata, via GPIO bitbanging?)
Information 
It seems that allwinner chips interface to the sd-card is limited to either 16MB/s (in the sunxi-kernels) and
23MB/s max of 50Mhz 4bit bus on the mainline as stated at 
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/954-sd-c...rformance/

To overcome the max 23MB/s  interface to the block device (the sd-card) of the Pine64, which I expect to have an impact on the overall performance as IO often seems the bottleneck, I have looked for alternatives

The Pine 64+ fastest interface seems to be Gigabit Internet, which yields a max about ~110 to 125MB/s. I have therefore run some tests wie nbd (network block device, see https://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/02/nbd...art-guide/ )

after loading the module 
Code:
modprobe nbd

and installing nbd-client userspace tool I can attach to a block device hosted on another computer via
Code:
ndb-client <ip-of-other-computer> <port> /dev/nbd0

Doing a performance test comparison we get
Code:
htparm -t /dev/mmcblk0
/dev/mmcblk0:
Timing buffered disk reads 34MB in 3.01 seconds = 11.31 MB/sec

htparm -t /dev/nbd0
/dev/nbd0:
Timing buffered disk reads 314MB in 3.00 seconds = 104.62 MB/sec

which I hope will improve performance somewhat.
Does anybody know if the ethernet in the A64 is parallel, separate (sort of DMA), or will network access eat CPU cycles?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  improve web browsing speed adamjedgar 0 1,729 02-22-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: adamjedgar