Disappointed That I Bought the 2GB model
(04-11-2016, 09:11 AM)Harrisburg Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 10:06 PM)quadband Wrote: What part of complaint that community supported, brand new hardware doesn't run his desktop environment of choice is *not* entitlement?

The part where the board doesn't support the OSes that the developers have advertised that it does. It's not like he was demanding that they immediately drop everything and fix it; he simply stated his disappointment that it didn't work. If you equate "a fair criticism" with "entitlement", then, well ... good luck.

Being condescending and accusing people of "whining" when they say something the least bit unflattering about your platform of choice isn't helping anyone. All your behavior does is cement a negative stereotype of the FOSS community. Try responding to criticism with helpful advice, like a list of the distros which have been put forth by the community.

Debian images: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?pid=5064#pid5064
Ubuntu, Arch, and others: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release

Thank you for your support Harrisburg.

I have to say that as somebody who has not only supported OS for many years (my first commercial implementation was a proxy server using Mandrake 8) but uses nothing else outside ... That I was a little taken aback. After all I was only replying, with what I thought was a valid opinion to the op.

So I was disappointed by the vitriol

And here's the thing, not not only do I NOT have anything other than Fedora in house (and Debian)- but I thought sod it I'll stick Android on the pine and just use it as a Kodi box seeing as graphic accelerators are clearly going to be an issue for a while under linux, only to find out I NEED F'ing WINDOWS to that!!!!!!!! Thats disappointment!

Thanks to lenny.raposo I am now running Debian, and sorting out some dependency issues needed to install lazarus.

Replies like quadbands really do f' all to the reputation of open source in my opinion. Yes. I accept its new, Yes, I accept its in development and will evolve, but advertising with emotive terms like 'first supercomputer under $15' and branded - yes BRANDED - icons implying that there is more under the hood is deceptive to say the least.

I'm not quite so disappointed now; I have something to work with, but I am still angry at the attitude shown - and will concentrate my efforts in other areas.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disappointed That I Bought the 2GB model - by wolfrock - 04-11-2016, 11:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I know which Pine 64 model I have? stamminator 1 4,522 01-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: tllim
  disappointed Jschnee 6 8,708 05-23-2016, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Luke
  very disappointed strontium62 7 9,479 05-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Beryllium
  Anyone else disappointed? MarkS 42 53,981 04-24-2016, 06:09 PM
Last Post: NishaPine