Disappointed That I Bought the 2GB model
(04-09-2016, 01:27 PM)wolfrock Wrote: I also have been very disappointed. That frankly being an understatement I wish I'd never bothered; however its here now so will try to make the best of a bad job. I do not like, and will never use Android on a device like this, yes on my phone and at a stretch on my tablet, but this? No. I have a Pi 2 which is use with Mate but it is just missing the mark, perhaps I should have waited for the Pi 3? Who knows. Good to see you guys working on a Mate offering, just downloading Mate image - well done guys ...

I wish people like you would stay away from open source software and hardware. The sense of entitlement is overwhelming. If it's not handholding all the way from the gate to the finish line it's a, "bad job." What does Android support have to do with the board being bad? You do understand (who am I kidding, no you don't) that Linux for the ARM platform is very new? The Pine is booting Linux just fine. Mate is not Linux; it's a desktop environment. The only reason the Raspberry Pi has what they have is because of their huge community, of which Pine's has only just come into their infancy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disappointed That I Bought the 2GB model - by quadband - 04-09-2016, 05:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I know which Pine 64 model I have? stamminator 1 4,522 01-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: tllim
  disappointed Jschnee 6 8,709 05-23-2016, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Luke
  very disappointed strontium62 7 9,488 05-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Beryllium
  Anyone else disappointed? MarkS 42 53,986 04-24-2016, 06:09 PM
Last Post: NishaPine