Disappointed That I Bought the 2GB model
i also bought the 2gb model, i will attempt testing both mate and the xcfe desktop versions soon. i have tried just about every other one i have found on the forum and from longsleep's post that had the xenial and arch linux versions, as well as several android versions already, using 2 different sd cards ( either one would work to be honest really ), but my problem was that it was trying to boot and would kick on my monitor but it would continue to go from sleep mode to trying to turn on, then back to sleep mode over and over again. i know this isn't a power issue as i have used 2 different usb charging batteries, several usb cables, 3 different usb chargers that plug into the wall, all of which are 2.1 a 5v minimal (with of course taking into account the usb cables themselves which is why i used several different cables), so what i think i am running into is something with the software i've put on the flash drive in these accounts.

now, i did run into a problem using win32imager a couple times, which i corrected that issue by plugging the usb sd micro card reader into the computer without a usb cable extension (that seemed to fix that problem) and was getting successful writes for all of these different img files i have downloaded trying to get this to work.

phoenixcard doesn't work for anything but the android img file i downloaded from the wiki, but even that img file wouldnt burn properly to the 32gb card. at this point i have wasted about 3 hours and i am tired of messing with this. i will however try again later using these specific 2 imgs u have put up here, if in fact i am doing something wrong, is there something i am doing besides power, and besides monitors (i have 2, one of which is a 10.1 inch that connects to a board that you would use for an raspberry pi and is the one i am really trying to get to working with this, and another one that is a 1920 x 1080 through a dvi which actually is the one i tested on for it after attempting the 10.1 inch)

for the monitors, the hdmi - dvi connector is okay because it actually was kicking on then going to sleep and say no connection over and over again, the 10.1 inch monitor i am trying to make work with this never did anything although it does work as i tried switching between other devices.

i know i should probably try one last time with these two images, but i really don't want to atm, so other than trying these two img files, am i doing anything else wrong here? such as using 0.9.5 of win32 imager or is there another imager i can use for windows 7 64 bit home edition?

tl dr windows 7 64 bit home edition, 2 different monitors, several other distros, 3 hours of working on this with several different distros besides these, will try the others later, definitely ample power, it acts like it's turning on over and over again on the monitors when using the win32imager but just doesn't start up properly, what am i doing wrong? please actually read all i wrote.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disappointed That I Bought the 2GB model - by Fr0z7y - 04-06-2016, 01:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I know which Pine 64 model I have? stamminator 1 4,522 01-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: tllim
  disappointed Jschnee 6 8,709 05-23-2016, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Luke
  very disappointed strontium62 7 9,488 05-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Beryllium
  Anyone else disappointed? MarkS 42 53,985 04-24-2016, 06:09 PM
Last Post: NishaPine