Padi Stamp v2.2.1, v3.5 (2016/10/08-16:57:18)
well, i made the mistake, in this case, of using braid wick to desolder around the LED and the contact pads got rubbed off. i was surprised. oh well, no LED on this breadboard. i'm gonna put in a support ticket and see if they will ship a replacement since the markings are apparently wrong on the pcb.
(01-20-2017, 04:26 AM)dkryder Wrote: well, i made the mistake, in this case, of using braid wick to desolder around the LED and the contact pads got rubbed off. i was surprised. oh well, no LED on this breadboard. i'm gonna put in a support ticket and see if they will ship a replacement since the markings are apparently wrong on the pcb.

What you might consider doing is to try and solder a new LED in place manhattan style. Basically, do not cut the leads; push the leads all through the pcb and then bend them into place with needle nose pliars soldering the leads to their respective 'end points' ; the resistor on the one end, and the pin on the other-- this will probably work just fine. Just a hint: get yourself a desoldering tool-- a solder sucker is a 'must have' for the bench.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697
i have a solder sucker pump pen but the tip on it was too large for me to get down next to the solder pool, which there was not much of. if you mean a power unit i saw a write up for creating one out of an aquarium air pump which i'm gonna try soon. the real issue here is those pcb contacts are real thin on this particular pcb. i'd almost say cheap but i'll say inexpensive fabrication which for the cost of the board i'm not at all upset. just that apparently the markings are screwed up. that is total bs , imho.

This is the preliminary work being done to add wifi ( padi stamp ) to my arduino servo controller ;  on the prototype shield I have opted to mount the stamp breakout board as well;  this serves to get the stamp above the shield and gets the antennae off the end of the shield as well/  on the final shield I will attempt to use long pins on the stamp itself and bypass the breakout board.
marcushh777    Cool

We need a like button.
(02-10-2017, 10:03 AM)Traveler Wrote: We need a like button.

it is the "rate" button on this forum, if i understand what you are saying.
(02-10-2017, 09:31 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: This is the preliminary work being done to add wifi ( padi stamp ) to my arduino servo controller ;  on the prototype shield I have opted to mount the stamp breakout board as well;  this serves to get the stamp above the shield and gets the antennae off the end of the shield as well/  on the final shield I will attempt to use long pins on the stamp itself and bypass the breakout board.

I am currently working on PADuino and will like to get your opinion.
(02-12-2017, 10:15 PM)tllim Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 09:31 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: This is the preliminary work being done to add wifi ( padi stamp ) to my arduino servo controller ;  on the prototype shield I have opted to mount the stamp breakout board as well;  this serves to get the stamp above the shield and gets the antennae off the end of the shield as well/  on the final shield I will attempt to use long pins on the stamp itself and bypass the breakout board.

I am currently working on PADuino and will like to get your opinion.

hi TL, very good;  I would be happy to give feedback.   Let me know.
marcushh777    Cool

marcus, if you bypass the breakout board you would also bypass the resistor and capacitor on the breakout wouldn't you?
(02-14-2017, 01:53 AM)dkryder Wrote: marcus, if you bypass the breakout board you would also bypass the resistor and capacitor on the breakout wouldn't you?

Of course--, the resistor, capacitor, and the power LED !   (all bypassed)

The idea is to reduce the wasted space on the shield.  I will have to add my own decoupling cap(s) and I will have to add the Tx and Rx resistors, too.  But first things first.  This is the development shield.  I have to spend some time perfecting the sketch running on the Arduino so that the padi stamp works properly as a wifi server. (that's where I'm at now)

I do not plan to have a power LED; the power supply has that-- however, I do plan to have a pair of boot system LED(s) which will give indication(s) on the correct startup and initialization of the stamp. After all of that works I'll be adding the server driver chip.
marcushh777    Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Several PADI connected to Pine via Wifi Traveler 3 262 02-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  broadcasting with padi stamp ? Grag38 2 97 01-31-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Grag38
  PADI IoT Stamp is starting to get noticed... pfeerick 12 1,055 12-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Last Post: tllim