Battery Takes Forever To Charge
My pine just about died last night so I turned it off and plugged it in to charge over night. We are now at about 18 hours since plugging in the pine-provided charger and the battery indicator is at about a third of the way full. Settings>Battery shows 34%. I'm running Android 5.1.1 Image (LCD Panel Video Output) Release 20160603 64BG rooted on Samsung Evo 64gb SD card.

Any ideas why charging is painfully slow?

Matt
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
(10-15-2016, 03:42 PM)Bluphire Wrote: My pine just about died last night so I turned it off and plugged it in to charge over night. We are now at about 18 hours since plugging in the pine-provided charger and the battery indicator is at about a third of the way full. Settings>Battery shows 34%. I'm running Android 5.1.1 Image (LCD Panel Video Output) Release 20160603 64BG rooted on Samsung Evo 64gb SD card.

Matt

Do you have a two wire, or three wire setup ?

... if a two-wire setup, do you have a 10K ohm resistor running from the center position of the board connector to ground ?

If you have a three wire setup, try reseating the connector. Try charging the unit with the Android shutdown. You may have a bad battery (which one do you have?) You may have a bad PMIC on the main board (I don't think so, but maybe).
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(10-15-2016, 05:06 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 03:42 PM)Bluphire Wrote: My pine just about died last night so I turned it off and plugged it in to charge over night. We are now at about 18 hours since plugging in the pine-provided charger and the battery indicator is at about a third of the way full. Settings>Battery shows 34%. I'm running Android 5.1.1 Image (LCD Panel Video Output) Release 20160603 64BG rooted on Samsung Evo 64gb SD card.

Matt

Do you have a two wire, or three wire setup ?  

... if a two-wire setup, do you have a 10K ohm resistor running from the center position of the board connector to ground ?

If you have a three wire setup, try reseating the connector. Try charging the unit with the Android shutdown. You may have a bad battery (which one do you have?)  You may have a bad PMIC on the main board (I don't think so, but maybe).

3 wire. I will try reseating the connection and reply with results. Thanks for the reply.

Matt
Thank you for the pointers, Marcus! I pressed down on the battery connection and recharged with the unit off. I now have a fully charged battery again. Thanks again!

Matt
For what it's worth, if reseating the connector doesn't work, try a different USB cable.  I recently installed the battery in my PlayBox and found it wasn't charging.  Checked the USB cable I was using with my QooPow qualMeter (www.qoopow.com), results were "Worst".  Replaced with a cable that checked out "Best" and the charging current went from 0.18 amps (barely keeping the Pine64 on) to 1.40 amps (charging like a champ).
(01-02-2017, 08:11 PM)JimKirk Wrote: For what it's worth, if reseating the connector doesn't work, try a different USB cable.  I recently installed the battery in my PlayBox and found it wasn't charging.  Checked the USB cable I was using with my QooPow qualMeter (www.qoopow.com), results were "Worst".  Replaced with a cable that checked out "Best" and the charging current went from 0.18 amps (barely keeping the Pine64 on) to 1.40 amps (charging like a champ).

In general, charging consume additional 300-400mA. I am currently playing around different brand 18650 Lithium Ion batteries with soon release battery casing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery for Pine64 steve8939 7 12,639 08-27-2017, 06:23 AM
Last Post: lijinraj