Received my Z-Wave chip & Enclosure - Surely I'm doing something wrong here...
(09-19-2016, 10:23 AM)tycoonbob Wrote: So please, help me.  Did I install this incorrectly?  Without seeing any instructions I can only assume I did this all correctly.

Yes, unfortunately, you did it correctly!  Dodgy

Due to a manufacturer changes (Sigma Designs no longer selling the ZWave chip to Mistsumi), the pine64 guys had to go with the adapter board version of the z-wave module, as to go with their original planned module which plugged into the Euler buss instead has a lead time of 16 weeks, so would have set shipments back another four months due to the changes. You can see the discussion and some similar comments in this thread.

I would think you have three options if you want to use the ABS case: 1) put a hole in it (not very pretty, but effective!),  2) if the module would fit if both boards were pressed together, you could get rid of the connectors and use through-hole headers... with both boards pressed together, as it looks to be a direct match between the upper and lower board connections, and 3) (perhaps the simplest and easiest) make/use a ribbon cable to connect the z-wave module to the rpi plate adapter, and velcro/tape the zwave module to the inside of the lid of the ABS case.

btw, you may find it it handy to drill some small holes (paper-clip wire sized) in the sides of the case before you close it, where the release catches latch, so you can easily open the case again later by simply inserting the paperclip (or other) wire and pressing the latches in to release them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Received my Z-Wave chip & Enclosure - Surely I'm doing something wrong here... - by pfeerick - 09-19-2016, 07:38 PM