Ada Fruit GPS Ultimate Breakout Board for PineA64
Addendum:  Coin Cell Clip:

I chose to mount the coin cell clip to the back of the gps breakout board , by soldering it to the pads provided and then I used the slightly thinner DL1216 battery.  

The specs call for the CR1220, but the CR1216 ( or DL1216 ) is 1.6mm rather than 2.0mm thick, and I thought it would put less pressure on the clip's springs.  This battery ran fine for a couple of weeks.

I made an error and put too much heat on the clip, thereby damaging the glue holding the solder pads to the breakout board, and eventually the clip gave way springing the battery and the clip across the room.   Blush

A little research found a way to salvage my $40 dollar mistake.  One of the breakout pins is an input called VBAT. The VBAT pin also connects to the breakout RTC backup battery , and can double for the coin cell clip. Frankly, I wish I had know that in the beginning and I would not have messed around with the coin cell clip to begin with. 

I have now chosen to use an AAAx2 battery box (with switch) to backup the RTC and gps settings; this of course saves those really long gps bootup and acquisition times.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ada Fruit GPS Ultimate Breakout Board for PineA64 - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 09-02-2016, 12:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Sample GPIO codes highlighting RPi.GPIO-PineA64 and the PI bus MarkHaysHarris777 6 11,275 06-07-2019, 12:37 AM
Last Post: tllim