FAT-fs (sda2): Volume was not properly unmounted
Good morning,
My daughter has powered off Pine directly from power supply without shut down procedure. 
Any thoughts how to fix it ?

This is what I got when ran dmesg:

[   65.856602] FAT-fs (sda2): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.

When I run fsck I get back:

e2fsck 1.43 (17-May-2016)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 is mounted.
e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.

How to fix this ?

Regards,
This is a very good teachable moment for your daughter; encourage her as such.

... the SD card is EXTREMELY vulnerable to corruption if the machine is active and the power is suddenly removed... the reason is that there is data in memory buffers that has not been written out to disk, including mapping and meta data information... so, removing the power prevents the SD card from being updated and leaving the SD card in a corrupted state from which there is usually no remedy. Mounting the SD card in another linux machine (like the mint linux on my HP noteboot) and running fsck ... sometimes works, but usually NOT.

Basically, your daughter needs to understand what she did, and then she needs to go through the process of building another SD card from download images. She won't pull the plug on that thing again, I bet you.. Smile

visit us on the chat room for live assistance if you have issues, we're here to help you.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-02-2016, 10:02 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: This is a very good teachable moment for your daughter; encourage her as such.  

... the SD card is EXTREMELY vulnerable to corruption if the machine is active and the power is suddenly removed... the reason is that there is data in memory buffers that has not been written out to disk, including mapping and meta data information... so, removing the power prevents the SD card from being updated and leaving the SD card in a corrupted state from which there is usually no remedy.  Mounting the SD card in another linux machine (like the mint linux on my HP noteboot) and running fsck ... sometimes works, but usually NOT.

Basically, your daughter needs to understand what she did, and then she needs to go through the process of building another SD card from download images.  She won't pull the plug on that thing again, I bet you..   Smile

visit us on the chat room for live assistance if you have issues, we're here to help you.

Thank you very much Smile

Looks like I have to make new image again . Lucky for me I have t install only chromium and to add swap space again and to expand rootfs .

Lucky me, lucky me. Smile
Please close this thread.
Thank you.
Closing as requested by OP.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Internet not working properly cezar.suteu@gmail.com 2 4,240 06-17-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: cezar.suteu@gmail.com