No news?
Hey y'all, just wanted to check in since there seems to have not been any community updates since mid last year, and PineTalk is dead, there really doesn't seem to be any way for people in the community to keep up with what's happening in the world of Pine64. Is there any other way I can get updates? Any news on if/when blog posts or some sort of community updates will resume?
They just updated it recently.
I wonder what 'community' they talk about, must be something that happens outside of this forum? I know there was some downtime here, but where was the community input into new devices? especially when there are so many problems with the existing devices and community. I was expecting a Pi5 competitor as the next SBC, or more powerful Risc-V based SBC as per previous blog enthusiasm, not some limited allwinner SoC (much as I like the A64 pinephone). Or maybe even a pine2 revision with mainline chipset. This business model feels very broken at this point, the community too, and that is very sad to see because it seemed so positive when I joined this time last year. So much so that I will now abandon my PP zig SoC project.
FTR: https://pine64.org/2024/03/17/march-upda...ing-waves/ is the new blog post, but I stumbled upon it by accident.
PineBone wouldn't be an obvious name for those headphones?
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(03-22-2024, 07:50 AM)WhiteHexagon Wrote: I wonder what 'community' they talk about, must be something that happens outside of this forum?  I know there was some downtime here, but where was the community input into new devices? especially when there are so many problems with the existing devices and community.  I was expecting a Pi5 competitor as the next SBC, or more powerful Risc-V based SBC as per previous blog enthusiasm, not some limited allwinner SoC (much as I like the A64 pinephone).  Or maybe even a pine2 revision with mainline chipset.  This business model feels very broken at this point, the community too, and that is very sad to see because it seemed so positive when I joined this time last year.  So much so that I will now abandon my PP zig SoC project.

A more powerfull allwinner chip is more helpfull then the battery draining chips from 10 years ago. If This chip can do way better battery life even if it dont start out that way but gets there after a few updates then we can work with the rest to make the rest of everything work especially since the chips we have now make apples charging commercial  comical where we do have to be married to that wall socket 24/7.
It's about SBCs with new(er) Allwinner SoCs. This has nothing to do with a new phone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Telegram News Channel Luke 2 4,867 04-22-2021, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Daniel972