Accessory request: desoldering tip
Hi Pine64 friends,

I believe the Pinecil has dramatically changed the game in entry level soldering irons, even displacing soldering stations. With another accessory, it could do the same to desoldering tools.

I'd love to see a tip featuring a hollow nozzle, and a press-fit connection for a length of silicone tubing connected to a small (filter and) pump. The fast, precise heating and temperature control of the Pinecil would push this combo handily beat out the $300 price bracket of desoldering tools, like the Hakko FR-301, even without pump control in my hands.

Thanks for considering this!
(02-22-2024, 10:47 AM)oritron Wrote: Hi Pine64 friends,

I believe the Pinecil has dramatically changed the game in entry level soldering irons, even displacing soldering stations. With another accessory, it could do the same to desoldering tools.

I'd love to see a tip featuring a hollow nozzle, and a press-fit connection for a length of silicone tubing connected to a small (filter and) pump. The fast, precise heating and temperature control of the Pinecil would push this combo handily beat out the $300 price bracket of desoldering tools, like the Hakko FR-301, even without pump control in my hands.

Thanks for considering this!

Thanks on the suggestion and already pass to product team to explore.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New tip request acwest 8 6,986 09-11-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kifujin