Sadly disappointed.
(12-26-2023, 01:24 PM)traut Wrote: Pine64 has screwed over so many customers by not doing anything about the SIM adapter and the SIM slot ripping out pins on the PinePhone.

Just to give you a heads up on that, Samsung is the one that actually designed the phone as the original j7 and pine picked up its design process so the sim card design is actually the same one from the j7, and that same design is also in the j3 also, unfortunatly.
Uh, where is the source for that claim? The PinePhone design differs significantly from the Samsung Galaxy J7. The batteries are compatible, but, e.g., the display is larger on the PinePhone, so screen protectors for the J7 will likely not fit (get one for the iPhone Xs Max / 11 Pro Max instead). The SIM slot may or may not be the same as on the J7, so do you have any source saying it is the same?
https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/PINE6...pinephone) Should tell you the form factor and as far as the sim slot, i know because i owned the j3 with the same sim slot. Also look on youtube or do a search on galaxy j7 and it will show you the vids of the sim slot, some models differ but there are ones that are exactly the same. And i also know because i also use to sell the phone when i worked for a cell phone carrier.
(01-01-2024, 08:14 AM)aular Wrote: https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/PINE6...pinephone) Should tell you the form factor
That quote: "It comes with a 3000mAh battery and uses the same form-factor as the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2015) for replacement." is about the battery only, not about the phone design as a whole.
Not to be rude even if it is worded this way, the part of me owning a j3 that had the same sim slot placement and me selling the j7 with the same sim placement should also say otherwise. you can also go on youtube or look in a search for the samsung galaxy j7 and j3 also.
Using parts that Samsung used, in a similar way to the way Samsung used them, to build a new phone called PinePhone is hardly the same as the PinePhone having been designed by Samsung.

I have handheld radios that look identical on the outside and have similar parts with similar placement, but the parts are not interchangeable, and the gubbins are not even similar.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am very disappointed robb777 9 3,319 02-20-2023, 06:36 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  I'm a little disappointed in Pine64 Janik020301 23 20,201 11-19-2020, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Janik020301