Powering off PPP for night to activate the PPP alarm clock morning
To this aim I have two alarms set up on my PPP. The first one wake up my PPP from the poweroff to the standby mode. This first alarm does not activate the alarm clock on PPP but wake up PPP from poweroff mode. The second alarm set up 5 minutes after the first turn the proper alarm on PPP.
Thanks to such a solution, my PPP is turned off by nights saving battery, and simultaneously, it turns on on time morning when I am waking up Smile 

I use PPP as a daily phone (phosh on postmarket OS).
(09-23-2023, 05:53 AM)raboszcz Wrote: To this aim I have two alarms set up on my PPP. The first one wake up my PPP from the poweroff to the standby mode. This first alarm does not activate the alarm clock on PPP but wake up PPP from poweroff mode. The second alarm set up 5 minutes after the first turn the proper alarm on PPP.
Thanks to such a solution, my PPP is turned off by nights saving battery, and simultaneously, it turns on on time morning when I am waking up Smile 

I'm interested to know how you use it... Like what are you doing with it? I heard everywhere that is so horrible, what are your thoughts and experience so far with this device?

Thanks if you want to share
Pinephone Braveheart
Pinephone Manjaro CE 3/32Gb
Pinephone Mobian CE 3/32Gb
Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition
(09-25-2023, 06:42 AM)deedend Wrote:
(09-23-2023, 05:53 AM)raboszcz Wrote: To this aim I have two alarms set up on my PPP. The first one wake up my PPP from the poweroff to the standby mode. This first alarm does not activate the alarm clock on PPP but wake up PPP from poweroff mode. The second alarm set up 5 minutes after the first turn the proper alarm on PPP.

I'm interested to know how you use it... Like what are you doing with it? I heard everywhere that is so horrible, what are your thoughts and experience so far with this device?

Thanks if you want to share

I use PPP with pmOS Phosh about a half of year. For me, the most important is to use PPP as a daily phone. I have asked my provider if not responding my PPP to redirect the calls to my second phone which I have permanently switched on at home. The second phone is for emergency if I could not open a call on PPP. I noted, that in practice, very rarely any call is redirected to the 2nd phone (one per a few weeks). The quality of calls on PPP is sufficient for me. My family and my colleagues in my job have accepted that I have some echo and interference in my phone and it does not make a problem for them. Every day I use PPP as my only one phone. I do not have the second phone outdoors. Only, very important calls for me I make from my 2nd phone.

Concerning PPP, I use many alarms every day on PPP. I use gnome-calendar, gedit to edit my Notes stored in a form of many independent text files written in my Notes directory, segregated into subdirectories.

Occasionally, I use firefox, for example to check wether, I use Osmin (Qt) as the offline map and as a navigation allowing me to determine the way to reach a given point on the map. In Osmin, there are no waypoints, and Osmin navigation has a huge requirement for energy which makes it useless as a car navigation. Osmin is useful for me to find my position on the map during my a few hours foot trips. After the use of firefox I reboot PPP to avoid problems. Emacs is my main editor in my job thus I have it on PPP too. Emacs is useful to make more or less advanced operations, also on text files in PPP.

Lately, something wrong is going with pmOS Phosh. In the last two weeks the blue diode eats the half of energy. The phone cannot suspend, probably due to a message informing permanently on automatic suspend which never occur, and PPP is permanently warmed in the pocket. For this reason, yesterday, after the half of year I decided to reflash this system.

To do this, I copied the addressbook, calendar.ics and my notes to my PC, and next, using PC I removed the whole Phosh installation residing on EMMC (rm -r *) in PPP. After that, I tried to use a new pmOS Phosh installer from SDcard. There was some problem with permission to write into user/.local directory on ECCM which I had (!) already removed completely. This was a nonsensial installer message and reason! Then, I tried Mabian Phosh installer which had not any problem to install a new Mobian on such a cleaned EMMC. I had Mobian a half of day, and noted that Mobian is considerably less energy consuming than pmOS, probably with respect to not annoying blue diode. Unfortunately, the default phone settings in Mobian gave the worse quality of phone calls, and therefore I decided to come back to pmOS by flashing the new Phosh image (not installer) directly to EMMC. Opening, this instalation resized to the whole (?) ECCM memory.

Before the blue diode problem, my PPP with Phosh was able to work on battery about 10h. Thus, I was not forced to charge the PPP in my job. Lately, due to the diode problem I am forced to charge PPP also in my job I have the second charger.
(09-25-2023, 01:22 PM)raboszcz Wrote: I use PPP with pmOS Phosh about a half of year. For me, the most important is to use PPP as a daily phone. I have asked my provider if not responding my PPP to redirect the calls to my second phone which I have permanently switched on at home. The second phone is for emergency if I could not open a call on PPP. I noted, that in practice, very rarely any call is redirected to the 2nd phone (one per a few weeks). The quality of calls on PPP is sufficient for me. My family and my colleagues in my job have accepted that I have some echo and interference in my phone and it does not make a problem for them. Every day I use PPP as my only one phone. I do not have the second phone outdoors. Only, very important calls for me I make from my 2nd phone.

Concerning PPP, I use many alarms every day on PPP. I use gnome-calendar, gedit to edit my Notes stored in a form of many independent text files written in my Notes directory, segregated into subdirectories.

Occasionally, I use firefox, for example to check wether, I use Osmin (Qt) as the offline map and as a navigation allowing me to determine the way to reach a given point on the map. In Osmin, there are no waypoints, and Osmin navigation has a huge requirement for energy which makes it useless as a car navigation. Osmin is useful for me to find my position on the map during my a few hours foot trips. After the use of firefox I reboot PPP to avoid problems. Emacs is my main editor in my job thus I have it on PPP too. Emacs is useful to make more or less advanced operations, also on text files in PPP.

Lately, something wrong is going with pmOS Phosh. In the last two weeks the blue diode eats the half of energy. The phone cannot suspend, probably due to a message informing permanently on automatic suspend which never occur, and PPP is permanently warmed in the pocket. For this reason, yesterday, after the half of year I decided to reflash this system.

To do this, I copied the addressbook, calendar.ics and my notes to my PC, and next, using PC I removed the whole Phosh installation residing on EMMC (rm -r *) in PPP. After that, I tried to use a new pmOS Phosh installer from SDcard. There was some problem with permission to write into user/.local directory on ECCM which I had (!) already removed completely. This was a nonsensial installer message and reason! Then, I tried Mabian Phosh installer which had not any problem to install a new Mobian on such a cleaned EMMC. I had Mobian a half of day, and noted that Mobian is considerably less energy consuming than pmOS, probably with respect to not annoying blue diode. Unfortunately, the default phone settings in Mobian gave the worse quality of phone calls, and therefore I decided to come back to pmOS by flashing the new Phosh image (not installer) directly to EMMC. Opening, this instalation resized to the whole (?) ECCM memory.

Before the blue diode problem, my PPP with Phosh was able to work on battery about 10h. Thus, I was not forced to charge the PPP in my job. Lately, due to the diode problem I am forced to charge PPP also in my job I have the second charger.

Not sure to understand what the blue diode is, but thanks for the explanation. I'm trying to deintoxicate myself from smartphones (and I'm realising how much I relying on proprietary stuff for pretty much everything), and having a PPP makes me think how can I abandon Android for good. Not sure if I can do that, yet. I've started getting rid of the social bullshit (Mastodon aside, but that's not addicting like the others), now I'm thinking about the other stuff.

Thanks again for your report, it's encouraging
Pinephone Braveheart
Pinephone Manjaro CE 3/32Gb
Pinephone Mobian CE 3/32Gb
Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition
(09-25-2023, 01:22 PM)raboszcz Wrote: Before the blue diode problem, my PPP with Phosh was able to work on battery about 10h. Thus, I was not forced to charge the PPP in my job. Lately, due to the diode problem I am forced to charge PPP also in my job I have the second charger.

I just found the (mobile settings -> experimental features -> enable suspend via the system menu) option.  Now I go to the power symbol on the drop down tray and hit suspend and the blue diode no longer flashes.  Seems to lengthen battery life so far today.  I'd like to know the difference between this and a regular (tap the side power button) suspend.

(pmOS phosh)
(09-26-2023, 05:20 PM)apink Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 01:22 PM)raboszcz Wrote: Before the blue diode problem, my PPP with Phosh was able to work on battery about 10h. Thus, I was not forced to charge the PPP in my job. Lately, due to the diode problem I am forced to charge PPP also in my job I have the second charger.

I just found the (mobile settings -> experimental features -> enable suspend via the system menu) option.  Now I go to the power symbol on the drop down tray and hit suspend and the blue diode no longer flashes.  Seems to lengthen battery life so far today.  I'd like to know the difference between this and a regular (tap the side power button) suspend.

(pmOS phosh)

Thank you apink for pointing out this experimental feature in Mobile settings. I had not seen this option. All the PPP looks as an experimental phone. Therefore, I did't touch more experimental features which could limit more the phone functionality. I must test this option.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to activate developer mode on PPP explorer tckosvic 2 2,019 02-14-2022, 10:30 AM
Last Post: tckosvic