Using Thunderbird
I got it installed but at even at 100% display it's main page does not show the titles of incoming mail. I can't page lo the right to see them. Is anyone running it with success? Is there a specific help page I can read?
what about geary?

ezik
Thunderbird is not designed to be mobile-friendly, so its usability on a small touchscreen like the PinePhone's is limited to nonexistent. The only mobile-friendly e-mail client that works right now on the PinePhone is Geary. (The kdepim folks are working on Merkuro Mail, but that is not ready for prime time yet. And it is based on Akonadi, which is pretty heavyweight and, in my experience on desktop GNU/Linux, also buggy.)
(09-17-2023, 07:11 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: Thunderbird is not designed to be mobile-friendly, so its usability on a small touchscreen like the PinePhone's is limited to nonexistent. The only mobile-friendly e-mail client that works right now on the PinePhone is Geary. (The kdepim folks are working on Merkuro Mail, but that is not ready for prime time yet. And it is based on Akonadi, which is pretty heavyweight and, in my experience on desktop GNU/Linux, also buggy.)

Geary's not great.  I have trouble gettibg it to send mail and store drafts in the proper folders.

I'd like to get Thunderbird working.  Their website suggests installing it through flatpak, but I'm having trouble installing flatpak.
To change the folder names in Geary, you have to edit your ~/.config/geary/account_01/geary.ini manually. It took me, too, a while to figure that out. Under [Folders], you have the folder names that you can edit. This is a typical GNOME UI which does not show you any nontrivial settings, but the settings exist in the config file.