update has broken angelfish browser?
Hi everyone,

pinetab v2 largely as supplied with only reported available updates added.

Pinetab v2 reported updates available, so I allowed update to occur. However angelfish would not start and failed with no issues identified - even from command line it would not start, but at least the command line let me see an error - 'error while loading shared libraries: libQCoro5Quick.so.0'

Being a newbie to arch linux I have no idea how I could resolve this, and it is a real pain not having a browser to look while on the system to find a solution. On a different systems browser I saw a few attempts to fix similar library issues - but most were decried as unstable and unsuitable hacks.

Does anyone know of a suitable fix to make the library available, or where best to report the issue so the angelfish devs can issue an updated version.

Would appreciate a local quick fix if possible even if only to suggest a suitable different compatible browser install if need be while waiting for further updates. Pointers to relevant bug reports also welcome.

Thanks.

John
You need to install the "qcoro-qt5" package, thus run "sudo pacman -S qcoro-qt5"
(09-15-2023, 12:35 AM)diederik Wrote: You need to install the "qcoro-qt5" package, thus run "sudo pacman -S qcoro-qt5"
Thank you. That fixed it for me. It's good to get angelfish back. I have been using Firefox instead, which works well, but my preference is for angelfish.
PinePhone Beta 2GB/16GB Postmarket OS v23.06.1 Phosh 0.30.0 (not in use)

PineTab2 Arch Danctnix 6.4.2
Why is that package not automatically dragged in by dependencies? Sounds like a bug in the angelfish package.
(09-15-2023, 10:37 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: Why is that package not automatically dragged in by dependencies? Sounds like a bug in the angelfish package.

It should and it is.
(09-16-2023, 01:52 AM)diederik Wrote:
(09-15-2023, 10:37 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: Why is that package not automatically dragged in by dependencies? Sounds like a bug in the angelfish package.

It should and it is.

Thanks to diederik for the reply and I can add the field report that 'it worked for me too' :-)
To aid me in the future if no one minds adding to the thread

Kevin - Has the bug been reported and fixed? Where-just so I can find out. Sounds like you know?

Anyone? How was it established as the missing libraries source and fix - is it via ldd (as far as I have got yet) or other routes - docs?. 

Appreciate finding out so I can try and learn more - and contribute more along the way.

Cheers John
(09-18-2023, 11:46 AM)john_s4 Wrote: How was it established as the missing libraries source and fix - is it via ldd (as far as I have got yet) or other routes - docs?

You actually already identified the problem in your first message in this thread:
'error while loading shared libraries: libQCoro5Quick.so.0'

Which you found out by starting it from a terminal window, which is also the way I'd start troubleshooting.

I'm not really familiar with Arch, but I am with Debian, so with "apt-file search libQCoro5Quick.so.0" I found out which package it would need on Debian.
And then I searched for a similarly named package on Arch and installed that. And then Angelfish did start.
(09-18-2023, 11:46 AM)john_s4 Wrote: Kevin - Has the bug been reported and fixed?
Not by me (so far).

(09-18-2023, 11:46 AM)john_s4 Wrote: Where-just so I can find out. Sounds like you know?
No idea. I just know that there is a bug somewhere because a required runtime dependency is not dragged in during package installation.
Thanks diederik for the quick reply, much appreciated. I hadn't thought there was a route like that - I'm not a Debian user. I wonder if there is a Pacman equivalent.

Anyway I will give it a few more days in case of other answers then mark the thread as solved since I started it.

Cheers - John.
pacman -F libQCoro5Quick.so.0

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine won't boot after last update Corfromleuven 1 308 03-31-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Surehand53
  Plasma Update broken? Corkonian 0 571 11-03-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Corkonian
  OS Update khbehrens 6 7,406 01-13-2021, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Diagon